Sunday, February 10, 2008

You all won't believe it...not 24 hours after my last post did my Panta reappear! I took one of the work vehicles out and when I returned I happened to park next to the vehicle from the lost-Panta day. I get out of the car and through the glass I see my Panta, laying right on the console between the two front seats! Woo hoo! It must have fallen between the seats or something because I swear I didn't see it the last time I looked for it (obviously not thoroughly). Apparently someone else noticed it, and I am so happy 'cause I love that thing!

And the good news keeps on coming...the Victoria shawl is blocked and ready to roll:
(This photo is of me doing a robot walk, lol) I think she is so pretty...but I have promised myself that the next shawl I knit is going to be in a thicker yarn and a more casual pattern. The fancy shawls are fun to knit but how often do ya really get to wear them? Maybe there are some who would wear the fancier shawls out and about, but not me!

The whole time I was knitting this, I was worried it was going to be really small, but it blocked out perfectly--I think to about the 32" by 82" inch measurements called for. The shrivelly pre-block state always throws me off!

Pattern notes: "Victoria Shawl" from Victorian Lace Today by Jane Sowerby.
Yarn: 3 skeins of KnitPicks Alpaca Cloud in color "Mist Heather", courtesy of the lovely Jeanne (thanks again :). Knit on 3.5 mm needles.

I didn't have any problems with this pattern! My only (unintentional) mod was making the edging stockinette-based lace rather than the garter-based lace that the pattern called for. But, it all worked out in the end and I actually like that the edging looks a bit more open and delicate.

Well, this past week I was all bogged down with a swamp-lung cold...I can't remember having this bad of a cold in at least a few years. Oh well, I am on the upswing again and hopefully this week will be a better one! Since I haven't posted a scenic picture in a while, I figured I better put one up now! There isn't quite as much "nature" around here as up north, but there is still plenty to be found. This is on a salt marsh near the ocean:

Labels:

21 Comments:

At February 10, 2008 7:30 PM, Blogger JustApril said...

Yaay for the found Panta! The shawl is absolutely marvelous, stunning, all those adjectives, just beautiful.

 
At February 10, 2008 7:47 PM, Blogger Prachi said...

Robot walk or not, easily-wearable or not, you look stunning in that shawl! What a lovely colour, and it drapes so beautifully. Good job!
And hey, yayyyy for the returned panta!

 
At February 10, 2008 11:10 PM, Blogger Larjmarj said...

The shawl is amazing! I'd wear it to the grocery store if I had to just to show it off!

Glad to hear you found your Panta.

Swamp lung is a bad thing and seems to be going around this year.

 
At February 10, 2008 11:19 PM, Blogger Zonda said...

Gorgeous shawl! Glad you found your Panta too! Hope you feel better soon!

 
At February 11, 2008 3:40 AM, Blogger Hasbu said...

Your shawl is gorgeous! I'd wear that to work. :)

I'm glad you found your panta.

 
At February 11, 2008 5:34 AM, Blogger Brahdelt said...

When things know they are loved they do come back, just like your Panta! *^v^*
Congratulations on your shawl, it's amazing, like a misty cobweb, mysterious and beautiful!

 
At February 11, 2008 9:01 AM, Blogger C+SK said...

Wow! That shawl is absolutely beautiful!! Well done!

 
At February 11, 2008 9:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's beautiful!

 
At February 11, 2008 3:28 PM, Blogger Opal said...

I'm so glad you found your Panta! Maybe it felt all the sorrow for its absence and decided to hurry home. :)

I love the Robot Walk. Work it baby! And the shawl? Gorgeous.

 
At February 11, 2008 4:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The shawl is absolutely beautiful! So delicate and pretty.

 
At February 11, 2008 8:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The shawl is amazing - gorgeous! Wow! Good job - now can I have the yarn back? :-)

 
At February 11, 2008 11:20 PM, Blogger Knittinreed said...

Yay for Panta!

Your shawl is stunning! WOW!

The coincidences of meeting people we maybe should know (I didn't know Mitchell either) is crazy! Our class was only 250 - but - he came in as a junior when I was a senior and was a jock while I was a band geek.

You know how I felt :-)

 
At February 12, 2008 8:17 AM, Blogger Jana said...

Beautiful landscape and beautiful shawl! And I'm glad you have your panta back!

 
At February 12, 2008 2:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely job on Victoria! She is very elegant. :-)

And I am so glad you found your Panta! It's ear-freezingly cold here, so I can just imagine what it's like up by you...

 
At February 13, 2008 12:11 AM, Blogger Tania said...

Glad you found your Panta! I hate losing things, especially well-loved things. Happy ending! And gorgeous shawl. I'd wear it everywhere just to show it off! ;P

 
At February 13, 2008 10:41 PM, Blogger Rina said...

The shawl is beautiful! Congrats.
Glad that your lost is found.

 
At February 21, 2008 7:16 PM, Blogger Dixie said...

Hi! I'm found you on Ravelry and thought I'd come visit your blog. Your shawl is breathtaking! Makes me want to pitch the socks I'm knitting now into the trash!

Oh I'm kidding. I'd never do that. I'd regret it later and have to knit those boring cuffs all over again.

 
At February 22, 2008 9:41 PM, Blogger Mary, Mary... said...

I am in awe of your shawl--but I haven't knitted one for the exact same reason. I don't have a Victorian shawl lifestyle, but looking at yours makes me dream. Yay for Panta!

 
At February 28, 2008 9:37 PM, Blogger Casa Pearl said...

Your shawl is absolutely stunning - you need to wear it for more than just special occasions with all that work!

 
At March 03, 2008 8:39 AM, Blogger OldRound said...

I've had this post saved in my bloglines. About time I get around to telling you how beautiful your lace is. Wow! I also want to go in a 'meatier' direction and use a heftier yarn so I can wear it, if I ever make it!

 
At March 03, 2008 8:42 AM, Blogger OldRound said...

I'm trying to figure out this "email me follow up comments" feature that only appears after I've already posted. So do I have to post again to make it work?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home