Monday, January 30, 2006

Me and My Panta

I finished up blocking and seaming my Panta this weekend, and even wore it out for a walk. It was in the upper 30's but breezy, so definitely perfect Panta weather.

Project Notes: "Panta," free pattern posted on Crafster.
Knitted in Frog Tree Merino, color #31 (I think) on US size 4 needles.

This was a easy little pattern that results in a very useful and cute headband. The Frog Tree merino yarn is interesting. It is barely spun and feels almost fleece-like rather than yarn-like. It does have a tendency to split due to its lack of twist, and also will break if you put too much pressure on it (like I did when I tried to seam with it). As a merino, it's incredibly soft and feels great against the skin. Except for the splitting, I really enjoyed this yarn and the finished fabric has a nice sheen.

In other headwear news, here is a photo of my turquoise hat:

Turquoise hat went rip rip rip. Although it came out slightly better than the one made from the Color Waves yarn, it still looked too bulky. Hmmm....bulky yarn + head = bulky head! Guess it shouldn't have been a surprise. Instead, I decided to use the giant ball of cream SteinbachWolle to start a seed stitch beret. The pattern is one that my Grandma cut out for me from Woman's Day magazine:So far this seems to be working out well...gauge spot-on, size seems to fit, plenty of yarn...it's making me nervous! Let us all do a dance to the knitting gods that my knitting curse is lifted! ;)

2 Comments:

At January 30, 2006 6:11 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Stop knitting!! You're out of control!! Just kidding- your sweater looks so amazing as do your other projects. The businesswoman in me is thinking you should be making some cash on this!!

:)

 
At March 19, 2006 1:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The seed stitch beret looks fabulous. I have been looking for a seed stitch beret. Can you tell me where to get the pattern?

Thanks. Mary
marusya99@hotmail.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home