Sunday, September 30, 2007

Whew--I am totally tired today after an epic hike yesterday. It was embarrassingly short in terms of distance (only a bit over 3 miles, round trip), but it went straight up a mountain on a rarely-used trail that took a lot of effort to follow, for a total hike time of almost 4 hours (!). We even lost the trail a few times and ended up having some fun bushwhacking. Let's just say that I do NOT seem to have buns (or calves) of steel. I did get some good scenic photos but I think I better wait to post them, since it has been awhile since I've done a knitting update.

Last Sunday, I spent a couple hours starting, ripping, and re-starting the edging on the Victoria Shawl. It took me awhile to figure out how it all worked and how to attach it neatly to the edges. Now that I've got it straightened out, I am loving the way it looks:I'm totally fascinated by the tidy look of the knitted-on edging, plus it is addictive to do section after section (although it still seems like it's going to take forever). Don't you just love that totally satisfied feeling that certain projects give you? This is definitely one of them.

Also on the needles is the new project I mentioned last time:You may recall the Trellis cardigan I made last year for the child of some friends. He's pretty much grown out of Trellis, so I decided to make him another sweater--this time an Aran-style pullover called "Aaron's Aran" from ByMelissa.net (scroll down to the second row of patterns), knit in Cascade 220. Besides being super-cute it is also super-easy, perfect for TV knitting. I probably would be almost done by now were it not for that captivating lacy edging!

Finally, believe it or not tomorrow is October 1st which means today is the last day of Project Spectrum! Here are my final photos, this time of orange, brown, and purple stuff:See Flickr for all of my Project Spectrum photos.

Unfortunately I don't feel like I really got to do any experimentation with colors as far as knitting goes, although I did make a number of things using the "assigned" colors. If nothing else it was a fun way to organize the order in which I was going to knit a bunch of already-planned projects. I also had a great time keeping my eyes peeled for certain colors so that I could take photos. It really made me pay more attention to my surroundings and look at things more closely.

That's about it for now...hope your Monday is good (and flies by, if your wish is anything like mine!).

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

At October 01, 2007 2:03 AM, Blogger Hasbu said...

My Monday did not start off too well. We had a thunderstorm here, and it took me forever to get to work because it was raining so hard. So I'm really hoping this Monday flies by (doesn't seem to, though).

 
At October 01, 2007 5:08 AM, Blogger Brahdelt said...

My Monday started perfectly! I had two visits of the postmen, who delivered my ordered painting supplies, yikes! I'm going to paint today! *^v^* And knit, of course, my Secret of Chrysopolis Stole.
I like the textures on the sweater you're knitting, cannot wait to start my next cardigan! ^^

 
At October 01, 2007 5:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The shawl is so beautiful - glad to hear that the knit on lace edging is ok to do...I thought it would be difficult. Cute sweater - love the cables!

 
At October 01, 2007 3:53 PM, Blogger Opal said...

Beautiful lace edging! Since you enjoy it so much maybe you could do mine? Not that I have any in the works just yet, but I'm sure I will in the future. ;-)

 
At October 01, 2007 11:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My Monday started with a semi disaster with board cutting (I make boxes with book board). Sort of wasted 1 hour cutting board wrong, but it's also the fact that I haven't cut board for months. But I think I got all my pieces right.
Then got yarn for DH's Dr Who scarf. Then I got a phone call for a 2nd interview for a job. Yipppeeeeee. It all ends well.

Your lace is showing beautifully. I need to pick up my lace again. I sort of got bored of my lace.

That cable sweater is gorgeous.

 
At October 02, 2007 1:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahhh, I adore your fall mosaic, all those awesome colors! And the edging of your shawl is perfect indeed, it looks fantastic! And then the sweater - woah, these cables are gorgeous indeed! I wish I wouldn't have such problems with cabling, I'd probably do cable-projects only as they look so beautiful! Great work you're doing there!

 
At October 02, 2007 4:48 PM, Blogger C+SK said...

I am liking those cables a lot! :-)

 
At October 02, 2007 9:30 PM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said...

Oh, I just love the lace!!! So pretty...but I think you are just trying to make me feel better about my own doomed lace knitting by saying that you had to rip it out first. I appreciate that! We've had some knitting disasters of late down here. :(

Can't wait to see how Aaron's Aran comes out!

 
At October 03, 2007 11:10 AM, Blogger Prachi said...

Wow, that lace edging looks gorgeous! And you sure have a lot of patience to knit these complex baby sweaters - for me it's garter stitch with them all the way!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home