Tuesday, September 05, 2006

As promised, here are some photos of my finished Trellis baby cardigan:
Sorry about the mediocre pictures. My camera decided to go on the fritz this week (mind you, I've only had it for a little over 6 months) and had to be sent back for service. Under warranty, thank goodness. As a result I'm trying to use my crummy work camera, which isn't nearly as nice. Though at least it doesn't break for no good reason!

Here is the back view:
And a close up of the cable pattern:
Pattern notes:
Trellis published by Knitty
Yarn: Rowan All-Seasons Cotton in Color #191, knit on US size 5 needles (I think)

I'm very happy with how this cardigan turned out. I think it's adorable, hopefully the recipients will think so too! The pattern was perfect, very easy to follow with no errors that I saw. The only thing I might change would be to use a more bright, fun color (since it's for a baby), but at least this will go with lots of different outfits. Plus it used up some stash yarn which is always a good thing!

Labels:

15 Comments:

At September 05, 2006 10:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh wow! Lobstah, it looks gorgeous. Very neat cables and I like the collar too. It looks so neat and tidy, almost. I'm sure the lucky recipient (or its mum) will be very grateful.

 
At September 05, 2006 11:01 PM, Blogger Emma said...

That is absolutely amazing and gorgeous. The recipient will be thrilled!

 
At September 06, 2006 12:52 AM, Blogger Kirsten said...

It's beautiful Lobstah! As are those photos from your hike!

 
At September 06, 2006 2:55 AM, Blogger Opal said...

What a gorgeous cardi! Great job!

 
At September 06, 2006 3:52 AM, Blogger tatjana said...

That looks absolutely fabulous! What a wonderful job, I'm sure the recipients will love it.

 
At September 06, 2006 4:59 AM, Blogger Jeanne said...

Wow - its beautiful! You did a great job on it - I'm sure the recipient's parents will love it.

 
At September 06, 2006 9:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great job! Some little kid is going to be warm this winter! What perfect timing to finish this for the cooler weather, too. did you use the yarn planned for Toledo?

 
At September 07, 2006 4:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh so very, very cute.

 
At September 07, 2006 7:46 PM, Blogger Knittinreed said...

Oh Lobstah - it looks great! Your cables are so perfectly matched - what lovely texture.

Three cheers for you!!!!!

 
At September 08, 2006 7:14 PM, Blogger Annie said...

Beautiful! I just love that pattern. Yours came out great!

 
At September 08, 2006 7:35 PM, Blogger Brahdelt said...

The cardi is beautiful! I would only change one thing - the colour... (you even mentioned it yourself ^^). I just can't stand grey...

 
At September 09, 2006 2:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, this cardigan is absolutely amazing! I'm so impressed by your beautiful cabling, what a fantastic job you did! And I'm sure the little recipient is going to adore it!

 
At September 10, 2006 9:58 PM, Blogger Mary, Mary... said...

All the kid needs now is a slicker and a lobster trap. Gorton's jingle going through my head. Beautiful piece and the hiking pics look well worth it.

 
At September 12, 2006 11:49 PM, Blogger JustApril said...

Wow that's an awesome cardi! I love cables

 
At September 13, 2006 4:14 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Looks great!! Marius and I were admiring it this weekend.

I miss the New England fall.. we seem to be in a warm spell - after a freezing cold August. So strange here this weather.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home