Wednesday, May 30, 2007

A week and a half of knitting...And here's all I had to show for it! You can all just start calling me speed-needles, LOL. This is one of the sleeve-bands. I've finished cranking out the second one tonight, so hopefully I'm a bit back on track with this project.

Unfortunately my cold turned out to be one of those nasty ones, all stuffy and coughy and yuck, but I managed to have a pretty fun weekend nonetheless. The nice weather we had went a long way towards making me feel better. The bugs even stayed away for the most part, which is truly a minor miracle. We had a nice walk up to a neat waterfall:And also took the obligatory moose sight-seeing drive and saw five of the goofy critters. Most of the rest of the weekend was taken up with eating, strolling around town, and general relaxing. Oh, and we also took my parents to the first dance of the season over at the Finnish Farmers Club and had a hilariously good time. I must say, my dad was the hit of the dance and took three or four turns around the floor learning to schottische (aka Jenkka in Finnish). My mom and I were quite amused by this!

Before we move on to the next color phase of Project Spectrum starting in June, I put together a green, yellow, and pink photo mosaic for April/May:See the Flickr photoset for full-size images.

I was having a hard time finding pink objects to photograph but managed to find a few. I also captured a photo of my favorite pink thing of all time:Cute little Quincy nose!

I'm going to have to post my "Seven Random Facts" next post as I need to go to bed and get rid of this darn cold...toodles for now!

Labels: , ,

14 Comments:

At May 31, 2007 7:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry that you've been sick, but sounds like a very good weekend! Love Quincy's pink nose!

 
At May 31, 2007 3:07 PM, Blogger Opal said...

So sorry to hear you've been sick. I love Quincy's cute little pink nose! My Quincy has one too. I should get a shot of it. Is your Quincy a black and white too?

 
At May 31, 2007 8:29 PM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said...

Please, please, please take care of yourself...you don't want to get the Sheepish Annie Monkey Pox!!!

Such a cute little pink nose...I would never have thought of that for the "pink" entry for PS. Very clever!

 
At May 31, 2007 11:14 PM, Blogger Knittinreed said...

Hi Speedy needles :-)

Sorry you are sick - my DH has it too. Great shot of the waterfall. It is so nice of you to share these bits of beauty with those of us who live in less lovely places (like the Dallas 'burbs). The only pretty things here are the landscaping on some homes.

Quincy is sure a cutie.

 
At June 01, 2007 3:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, poor you - these spring/summer colds are the worst! Hope you're much better by now, and it's sure great to hear that you could still enjoy your weekend so much! Great pics too, and my gosh, Quincy's nose is just the cutest!

 
At June 01, 2007 10:09 AM, Blogger Brahdelt said...

Cat noses are cute, aren't they? ^^ They only loose to cat paws a bit, which are in my opinion the milestones of cuteness! *^v^* I hope you'll feel better, soon!

 
At June 01, 2007 5:14 PM, Blogger JustApril said...

Sorry about your cold. At least you have a cute pink kitty nose to look at. Hope you are all better by now and you knitting is cute at least, even if it is small.

 
At June 02, 2007 6:37 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

Pretty collage. You should have video'd dad dancing and put it on YouTube hehehe

 
At June 02, 2007 8:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

O no! Get better, but at least your cat is accompanied you. Ha ha. very cute.

 
At June 02, 2007 9:52 AM, Blogger Jana said...

Glad you are feeling better! Your photos are great! Caister is looking so good so far!

 
At June 02, 2007 7:43 PM, Blogger Larjmarj said...

Kiss that pink nose and get better!
Thanks for the nature shots, we don't get much of that in Detroit.

 
At June 04, 2007 5:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What beautiful pictures! you made me drool. I'm glad your feeling better and had a nice weekend!

 
At June 10, 2007 4:42 PM, Blogger Knittinreed said...

Thanks for your kind words about the baby blanket - and yes, it is the same one you did. I didn't realize it until I got into it and then thought I remembered it from someone else. It really is a nice design - only 2 more pattern repeats, then I thnk I will be done. Woohoo!

 
At June 12, 2007 7:36 PM, Blogger BrownPants said...

You saw Moose?! I'm so jealous! I don't think i've ever seen a moose!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home