Thursday, June 29, 2006

Poor little blog, I have been so neglectful.
I just haven't had enough knitting progress to show. I finished Deutsche Socke #1, and I have #2 started. I'm halfway through chart 4 (of 8 total) on my Flirty Ruffles. And I'm about halfway up the back of the Trellis cardigan. Hopefully next time I'll have some knitting photos!

Instead, I thought I'd show some pictures from last weekend at the Finnish Farmers Club. They have a dance every other weekend, and G and I have gone a couple times now. We've learned to waltz, polka, schottische, and fox trot. Not that we're exactly graceful at it yet.

Yeah, we've totally gone off the dork end...
Here's the Club:
Waltzing:G joined the band for a few numbers:This girl made me laugh, she was having so much fun:
Hope you all have a happy 4th of July weekend...weather forecast here is not looking so good. I guess if nothing else I'll get some knitting done!

Labels:

8 Comments:

At June 30, 2006 5:07 AM, Blogger Jeanne said...

Looks like fun! Have a happy 4th!

 
At June 30, 2006 10:00 AM, Blogger Zonda said...

How cool! Looks like it was fun! Have a great weekend! :)

 
At June 30, 2006 11:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a happy 4th. You should have taken another photo of you waltzing, skating and knitting flirty ruffles at the same time! (Am quelling the urge to make a bad pun with "finnish" and "finish"-ing the Deutsche socks.)

 
At June 30, 2006 4:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like a great time!

Thanks again for the lovely donation.

 
At July 01, 2006 5:33 AM, Blogger tatjana said...

lucky girl! i'm still trying to convince the boy dancing is fun. but i think i'm wearing him down...:D you two have a great time this weekend!

 
At July 01, 2006 2:12 PM, Blogger Knittinreed said...

Looks like you had a fun weekend. Happy July 4th and Happy Knitting!
Someday we will have rain in Texas again. Or not.

 
At July 04, 2006 9:11 AM, Blogger Larjmarj said...

I had to come back and get a second look at your pics...living in Detroit I didn't know places like this still existed. Wow...looks...serene.
Glad to hear you had a great weekend.

 
At July 05, 2006 7:30 PM, Blogger Mary, Mary... said...

You two must be a big hit at weddings! I draw the line at Morris dancing--no can do. No way. Watch your toes!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home