Sunday, June 18, 2006

Amazing Lace: X-treme Lace Knitting

So, I'm not really an "extreme sports" kind of gal. Yeah, there was the short-lived mountain biking phase in college, and I actually went white-water rafting last summer (see the photos here...our group is the top six photos, I'm the last person back on the left side). But you won't ever find me bungee jumping, sky-diving, heli-skiing, or diving off cliffs.

So I knew that for the extreme knitting challenge, I was gonna have to go old-school. Hence:
That's right, extreme roller skating lace knitting.
I know you're all impressed.

There's just one thing missing. I
really need to whip up some pom-poms from leftover yarn to put on these skates.

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

At June 18, 2006 10:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hilarious... I love it!

ps...your cardigan looks so cute!!

.♥

 
At June 19, 2006 1:38 AM, Blogger Wool Girl said...

Very x-treme! I remember roller skating as a kid, and there's absolutely no way I can get back on them! Impressive!

 
At June 19, 2006 4:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, cool! Yeah, I'm absolutely impressed - considering the fact that my one and only roller skating experience almost ended in hospital, thinking that you manage to hold yourself on these skates AND knit along, woah!

 
At June 19, 2006 7:43 AM, Blogger Brahdelt said...

I think it is rather extreme - roller-skating itself is extreme for me! ^^
No, it couldn't be bungee jumping - imagine yourself flying first and then, on the separate harness, your knitting bag with yarn and stuff!... ^^

 
At June 19, 2006 12:24 PM, Blogger Casa Pearl said...

Oh the pom poms are a must. And although the shorts are very weather appropriate, a short flouncy skirt would have really been extreme!

 
At June 19, 2006 8:04 PM, Blogger Jeanne said...

I'm impressed! I couldn't hold onto knitting and be on skates either!

 
At June 20, 2006 1:14 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

Crazy girl! Where on earth did you get those skates? Next time we're both home, I sense a Ron-A-Roll trip coming on. :)

 
At June 20, 2006 3:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, brilliant multi-tasking! That really is a lovely photo, you look great.

 
At June 21, 2006 5:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

dude, you are so stinkin' cute. I actually showed K this entry.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home