Sunday, January 11, 2009

Okay, so I totally lied about being back here on a more regular basis. Sorry, sorry...BUT, I did have a good reason for being away...
Meet our new house, all in blue during a snowstorm:After many years of saving we finally bought our very own abode, and it is wonderful :D It's just a little place, two bedrooms, but enough for us (and not overwhelming to clean, lol!) It doesn't need a ton of work, although we will have to reshingle the roof this spring. Also high on the list is painting the exterior anything but the current poo brown. Here are some interior photos, as you can see we haven't really done any decorating or anything yet. Also, things are still kinda messy. I guess we're not ready for our BH&G photo shoot yet.And our view off the back deck (which will be much more fun in the summer, yeah). The yard is pretty postage-stamp sized but I can't wait to start gardening!There's more exciting news too...(wait for it)...I finished Sapporo! Wooo! It took me just under a year from start to finish (although of course I didn't work on it all summer), and I am very happy with it. G seems happy with it too. Glad I finished it in time for his upcoming ski trip.Pattern Notes: "Sapporo" by Dale of Norway, knit in Dalegarn Falk (colors black #0090, grey heather #0007, fern green #9155, natural #0020, and sand heather #0004) on size 2.75 mm needles.This was a good pattern, although I really should have read it all the way through before starting or at least before doing the finishing work. I did my own "unique" iteration of the zipper/collar. But it works, so whatever. The yarn was fine too--a nice, basic workhorse yarn--my favorite type.I really love working the fair-isle/two color type stuff...it's just endlessly amazing watching the pattern slowly emerge. I love it so much that I've already bought all the yarn for my OWN ski sweater...though I think I'm gonna wait awhile before starting it, he he. Right now, I'm really feeling the urge to do some cablin' and some lacin'...what will it be? More details next time :DI'm a bit late, but wishing you all a peaceful and prosperous new year!

Labels:

9 Comments:

At January 11, 2009 8:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoaaa, when you do come back it's quite a packed post! Congratulations on the house - I totally agree that more than 2 bedrooms is too much cleaning work, never worth it! It's beautiful and I love the back view. Have fun setting it up!

And the sweater is GORGEOUS. Really, beautiful, beautiful work and lovely fit too!

 
At January 11, 2009 9:22 PM, Blogger Larjmarj said...

LOVE your house, I love the cottage feel that it has cozy and warm. Our house is only two bedrooms too but it's only me, Mr. Larj and the dog so...it's all we need. Great sweater! Your SO is one lucky guy to be the recipient and your knitting is perfection as always. I've been a bad blogger too lately.

 
At January 11, 2009 9:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well congrats on the new house and the new sweater. Both are wonderful, especially the sweater.

 
At January 11, 2009 10:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your house! It looks perfect and the backyard looks quite promising. Congratulations! Who needs a really big house? It's just more room to fill up with more stuff, right?

"Sapporo" turned out wonderfully, and it looks so professionally made. Great work!

 
At January 12, 2009 3:36 AM, Blogger Brahdelt said...

Happy New Year! A new house, oh, how exciting it is! We'll be moving to a new flat in the couple of months so I know the feeling. *^v^*
Great sweater, I started my first colourwork sweater, too. ^^

 
At January 12, 2009 7:40 AM, Blogger Joansie said...

A new house!!! Congrats!! It's so exciting and you are to applauded for being able to save during this tough economy.

The sweater is gorgeous, absolutely gorgeous.

 
At January 12, 2009 12:34 PM, Blogger Jana said...

Wow Sapporo is gorgeous! Fair Isle and putting in a zipper! You have skills! The house looks great! It's so sunny-very good for gardening! Congrats and enjoy!

 
At January 13, 2009 4:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new house! Looks very cozy.

And Sapporo looks great!

 
At January 14, 2009 5:19 AM, Blogger Opal said...

congratulations on your new house! it looks spectacular! so does the sweater!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home