Thursday, April 24, 2008

Dude.

Where to begin?

Maybe I should just show you a bunch of pictures.

Part of Sapporo was frogged yet again (at least the Guinness made it more tolerable). I think I might be back on track now. Maybe.Quincy is pleased that windows can be opened, if only during the daytime.Opening day of the Portland Sea Dogs was attended, and I was glad to have hand-knit mittens for the cold and rainy weather.Oh yeah, and teddy bears were knit! This is the "Bear Necessity" pattern from the book Family Circle Easy Toys. I just used craft store stuff--the bear in Bernat Soft Boucle in color #26515 and the sweater in Lion Brand CottonEase, color #110 "Lake". I knit the boucle doubled on 5 mm needles and the CottonEase on 4 mm needles. I did alter the sweater a bit, making it without buttons and with a collar. This was made for my friend's son's first birthday, and his face actually lit up when he saw it. So cute!

I'm really hoping to be back here on a more regular basis. The last month was tough with class assignments and stuff but I'm starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Only two more weeks and then finals are ov-ah! Here's to hoping for a productive summer of knitting and relaxation!

11 Comments:

At April 24, 2008 11:25 PM, Blogger Prachi said...

I say, good to have you back here! I think you should have a Sapporo beer instead of the Guiness, the sweater might be more forgiving...

 
At April 25, 2008 8:01 AM, Blogger OldRound said...

I'm impressed! I was muttering to myself 'she didn't knit a bear; she knit a bear sweater' but low and behold it is possible to knit a bear and have it look not like a knit bear. Guess I have zero experience with boucle. I think the bear more than makes up for starting from zero on that Sapporo.

 
At April 25, 2008 8:47 AM, Blogger Jana said...

For some reason the words 'Portland Sea Dogs' sound like an event that would have to be very cold and wet! The teddy bears are so cute. And so is Quincy of course!

 
At April 25, 2008 8:54 AM, Blogger Brahdelt said...

Glad to hear from you again! ^^ The bear is cute indeed, I've always been a great bear lover, not a doll-girl at all.

 
At April 25, 2008 1:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oof, I'm sorry about Sapporo! But it's the process, right? (uttered with gritted teeth)

I like your cat. King of all he (?) surveys. ;-)

 
At April 25, 2008 5:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe the bear was knit! Very cute!

 
At April 26, 2008 12:40 AM, Blogger Opal said...

What an unbearably cute bear! (Ha!)

 
At April 26, 2008 3:37 PM, Blogger Larjmarj said...

The bear sweater is just adorable. Giunesss or any other libation makes most things more bearable.

 
At April 27, 2008 11:16 AM, Blogger Rina said...

I thought you bought the bear, but you made it! So cute and its sweater too.

Ouch to Sapporo. But ripping is part of knitting. I'm sure the end result is satisfying.

 
At May 01, 2008 2:07 PM, Blogger Tania said...

you're bear looks like you bought it at a store! I thought you just knit up the sweater for it and that "bear knit" was just referring to that! i'm impressed!

 
At May 04, 2008 9:17 PM, Blogger Mary, Mary... said...

I'm not a teddy girl and I love yours--sooo cute. Condolences on Sapporo. Yay Sea Dogs! We have the Round Rock Express. Yeah, Express. At least, the beer's cold.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home