Saturday, March 01, 2008

Apparently March was supposed to come in like a lion up here, but the snowstorm we got today was really not that impressive.That's OK though, we have plenty of snow to last us until spring. Speaking of spring, today I listened to my first spring training game of the year, squee! Even better, the Sox managed to rid themselves of the nefarious Glenn Geffner (awful radio announcer) so all is right with the world. And of course, the Sox are looking pretty good...can't wait for the season to start!

I am still plodding along on the Sapporo sweater. I managed to finally finish the sleeves, and with a swift karate chop I have moved on to the body:Hee-YA!
Working on the body is starting to suck the life-force out of me though. Except for the three rows of gray striping at the bottom, it has been pure black stockinette. It is little wonder that I could not resist the siren call of Socks that Rock yarn in happy spring colors (graciously gifted to me by my bud Kelly) that has been marinating in my stash for ages:I just can't stop staring at the colors, they're mesmerizing! It looks gorgeous knit up too: This is the Purl Beret, and I'm hoping to have enough left over for a pair of fingerless mitts, we'll see. Either way, it's a nice mental break from all black (and from the month of March). Actually, I shouldn't complain as I am very glad February is over. That cold I was coming down with when I last posted turned into a two-week cough fest. I really can't remember the last time I had such a long lasting cold. Here's to a good March for all!

P.S. Thanks all for your comments on the Victoria Shawl! And no, Jeanne, you may not have your yarn back, LOL ;)

Labels:

7 Comments:

At March 02, 2008 2:20 PM, Blogger Opal said...

LOL Love the karate chop picture! Love the colors of the beret too. :)

 
At March 02, 2008 9:16 PM, Blogger Jana said...

We got one crappy little snow day a couple of weeks ago, yet somehow some of the parking lots around here have little mini-mountains of snow piles up just sitting there melting. I can only imagine what you must have up there in terms of snow, probably actualy mountains of snow. Crazy!

Love the STR beret. I have a very colorful skein in my stash that I love that I keep thinking it might just be too pretty for socks that won't see much of the light of day. A beret is a great idea! Can't wait to see how yours comes out!

 
At March 03, 2008 4:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pretty colors! Should be a pretty beret.

 
At March 04, 2008 9:34 PM, Blogger JustApril said...

GREAT colors in the STR stuff, awesome!

 
At March 05, 2008 7:29 AM, Blogger Larjmarj said...

We got slammed with snow today ;-0
The beret is going to be gorgeous!

 
At March 06, 2008 9:57 AM, Blogger Knittinreed said...

Love the colorway!!! That is a nice change after knitting miles of black stockinette....

We just got snow on Monday and they are forecasting it again for tonight. But this is Dallas - what is this snow thing???? We should have temps in the 60's!

 
At March 13, 2008 6:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ugh, miles and miles of black stockinette stitch in March, right before spring, might put me through the roof.

But you have to have a body to go with the sleeves I guess.

Spring is just right around the corner, or so they tell us.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home