Friday, January 25, 2008

You would not believe how quickly I am cruising along on Sapporo, despite time constraints:This is an oh-so-exciting picture of the first sleeve, which is completed up to the point where it will be joined with the body (it is going to be a raglan sweater). A close-up of the beginning of the fair-isle design:That is definitely a lot of plain black stockinette, though! I'm still waiting for the "other shoe to drop" when I get to the body and things slow waaaay down. I think the next stranded color project I do will have to be an all-over design so I don't have to do these boring plain sections anymore!

Not much else new to report here. Last weekend was a lovely long weekend, so G and his buddy convinced me to go skiing on Saturday.I hadn't gone in about two years and threw out my old skis before our move (they were the old straight kind and just not working for me anymore). So I rented a set of the newfangled shaped skis (er, guess they're not that newfangled, I'm just a "late adopter") and had a blast. Still couldn't get the courage up to hit the black diamonds and I guess it was just as well because they were apparently quite icy. It was all great until the day after when I could barely walk...skiing uses some strange muscles.On the left: a trail I could not ski, even if it were open. Here's my kind of hill: Have a fantabulous weekend!

Oh, and P.S. Quincy thanks you for all the well-wishes! He is feeling much better now and seems to be a happier kitty.

Labels:

11 Comments:

At January 25, 2008 1:49 PM, Blogger JustApril said...

The sleeve is REALLY pretty. It may have been a little boring so far, but the little bits of Fair Isle, though simple, are very classy. I wish we had a place to ski somewhere close by. No mountains and no snow =(

 
At January 25, 2008 6:05 PM, Blogger Brahdelt said...

Sapporo sleeve looks promising, I remember when I was knitting through millions of stockinette stitches on my Tangle Yoke Cardi I couldn't wait to get to the cabled part! *^v^*

 
At January 25, 2008 8:17 PM, Blogger Larjmarj said...

Looking like another fine "Lobstah" creation. ;-)

Such beautiful pics..

 
At January 26, 2008 8:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Sapporo sleeve is so nice - its going to be a beautiful sweater!

 
At January 26, 2008 5:38 PM, Blogger Mary, Mary... said...

Niiiiice sleeve. If you slow down on the blogging, can you slap on a nice snow photo every now and then? It's 80 degrees here.....:(

 
At January 27, 2008 6:36 AM, Blogger Carrie said...

Those are beautiful skiing pictures. What great scenery! And I love the sleeve. The black is very dramatic, making the colors look even more lovely. Nice work!

 
At January 27, 2008 3:50 PM, Blogger Opal said...

That is one good looking sleeve. I love the contrasting colors. Very classy.

Love the ski pictures! I'm too timid to even contemplate skiing, not that I ever get much of an opportunity to even try it. ;-)

 
At January 28, 2008 3:00 AM, Blogger Hasbu said...

Beautiful pictures! We still don't have enough snow for cross-country skiing, but I definitely should go to the slopes.

 
At January 28, 2008 8:23 AM, Blogger Jana said...

Skiing looks really fun, but cold! The sweater looks great already, black stockinette-it's a beautiful thing.

 
At January 28, 2008 9:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow you are really cruising! And all that skiing, I'm plum jealous. I haven't been in years and years. Of course I've only ever been twice in my life. Oh its sad.

 
At January 31, 2008 2:22 AM, Blogger Rina said...

Another fair isle project? You are on the GO with this fair isle crush.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home