Thursday, December 13, 2007

Today was a big day for me :)My 30th, yeeks! Except for my funfetti cake (we have a wee obsession with the funfetti here), it wasn't a terribly exciting day though. When I got home from work I decided to throw in a load of laundry, only to find afterwards that the dryer was broken! This necessitated a rather annoying trip to the laundromat to dry. And while I am thankful for the beautiful snow that fell today, I was more hoping to enjoy it from the warm comfort of the indoors rather than having to trek out into it!Unfortunately I don't have much to show for knitting. I finished one of the Setesdal sleeves and am getting ready to cast on for the second. It is moving along but I won't have it quite ready in time for Christmas, although it should be done within a week or two afterwards I think. I also started knitting the Lumpy Bumpy hat and I love the way the yarn looks knit up:I'm usually not a textured-yarn type of person but I think I'll have to keep more of an open mind now. It certainly gives a more boutique-y, handmade look to things.

We did manage to get a tree up this year, though I didn't have time to make it as groovy as last year's. It's just not right without popcorn garlands :(
I do like my new giant lights though!

9 Comments:

At December 13, 2007 11:55 PM, Blogger Mary, Mary... said...

Happy Birthday, darlin' ! Do it all now before gravity strikes. I like the tree although last year's pix were fun, especially after a glass of wine. Happy holidays...

 
At December 14, 2007 5:41 AM, Blogger Brahdelt said...

Happy birthday!!! I love your cake! *^v^*

 
At December 14, 2007 6:20 AM, Blogger Opal said...

Happy Birthday! I wish you all the best for the year to come. Love the tree!

 
At December 14, 2007 8:32 AM, Blogger Jana said...

Happy, happy birthday! Congrats!

I don't like 'novelty' yarns but I do like some lumpy bumpy ones, they can be very warm and comfy.

 
At December 14, 2007 5:34 PM, Blogger Larjmarj said...

Happy BD!!!! What a coincidence, I turned thirty this year...and last year....and the year before that....and........

The tree looks great, we still don't have ours up yet.

 
At December 14, 2007 8:46 PM, Blogger Jeanne said...

Happy Birthday (a day late!). Love the tree...hope you enjoyed the day.

 
At December 17, 2007 8:08 AM, Blogger Hasbu said...

Happy belated B-day!

 
At December 17, 2007 7:31 PM, Blogger C+SK said...

Oh yey! Happy Birthday!!! Welcome to the third decade! ;-)

 
At December 20, 2007 9:49 AM, Blogger Knittinreed said...

Happy Belated!! I love the look of Lumpy Bumpy......

 

Post a Comment

<< Home