Friday, November 30, 2007

It's so hard to believe that not only has it been two weeks since I last posted but that it is the last day of November. Doesn't it feel like last Christmas just happened?

Since I last posted, I was able to complete the body of the Setesdal cardigan:Unfortunately I am starting to have to use the flash to take photos, as I don't get home until after dark most of the time! Boo hoo! Here is a closer view of the pattern on the shoulders, with more natural coloring:It's surprising how fast this is going, because I hardly knit at all this past week. We had a last burst of activity to finish unpacking and organizing, and our apartment finally feels livable
. The job is definitely starting to feel a bit more comfortable as well, although I'm pretty sure that I won't ever be as close to the people in this office as in my last one. I think that's just the nature of living in a very small town and working with only a few other people. The pangs of homesickness for our old town are starting to subside as well, but I know I will always miss it a little bit, just like I miss all the places I've lived.

I hope everyone (in the US, at least) had a happy and warm Thanksgiving! I had a very nice weekend at my parents', and we enjoyed dinner with G's parents which was fun (and delicious). The drive home was also wonderful, since it felt like we had just barely left Connecticut by the time we made it back. I was like, "We're home already?"

On Saturday, my mom took me to a new yarn shop called Connecticut Yarn and Wool Company that opened up in the area, and it was amazing. They only carry one brand, Farmhouse Yarns, but they carry the entire line. It was fabulous walking from room to room of the most beautiful shades and textures. And, my very sweet and wonderful mom (hi mom!) offered to buy me some yarn, and it was sooo hard to choose what to take home. I ended up getting some of the Fannie's Fingering Weight sock yarn in "Black Cherry":And some of the Lumpy Bumpy yarn which was also labeled "Black Cherry", but I think that this was mislabeled. Anyway, it is going to become a hat for my mom:I just can't stop looking at it!

I put up our bird feeder outside one of our windows so that Quincy would be able to watch the birds. But I realized that the local wildlife may not really need much food assistance:What do you think?
Have a great weekend, everyone! :)

Labels:

11 Comments:

At November 30, 2007 5:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the sweater, its very nice.

And the yarn, that black cherry is very cool.

And the squirrel, he needs to watch a Richard Simmons video. :0)

 
At November 30, 2007 11:56 PM, Blogger Knittinreed said...

Gorgeous work on the sweater. Yummy yarn too! I am glad you are starting to settle in - moving and a new job are huge to deal with at the same time.
Yup - live music with ballet is really grand.

 
At November 30, 2007 11:59 PM, Blogger Mary, Mary... said...

Congrats on the move! I love the black cherry sock yarn, like insanely. But the sweater takes the aaaawwwhhh cake.

 
At December 01, 2007 12:49 AM, Blogger Opal said...

Oh I love the chubby squirrel!!

Your cardigan is gorgeous. :)

 
At December 01, 2007 9:36 AM, Blogger Brahdelt said...

Your sweater looks like snowflakes against the evening sky, beautiful!
On the other hand, squirrel looks scary... Everything is bigger in America, it seems. *^v^*

 
At December 01, 2007 2:51 PM, Blogger Rina said...

I used to live in CT, but never encountered any yarn store. I must have lived in very remote area.

The sweater is gorgeous! And glad that you are getting comfortable with new environment.

 
At December 01, 2007 4:07 PM, Blogger JustApril said...

Everything looks fab! I really like the chunky yarn - PURTY =)

 
At December 01, 2007 9:19 PM, Blogger Jeanne said...

The Setesdal cardigan is just gorgeous - wow! And the new yarn - very yummy - I wonder how far that yarn store is from NJ! Glad you are settling in!

 
At December 02, 2007 1:16 PM, Blogger Jana said...

Boy that is one fat squirrel! He certainly looks ready for winter!

Love the black cherry and the lumpy bumpy yarn. Especially that lumpy bumpy in hat, it's going to be so pretty.

 
At December 08, 2007 10:25 AM, Blogger Psyched2Knit said...

That is an amazing sweater! The yarn is also beautiful. Enjoy!

 
At December 10, 2007 5:02 AM, Blogger Hasbu said...

Lovely yarn! And very nice work on the sweater.

We have squirrels in our neighborhood and I love them! I feed them peanuts and I just love it when they come and get the nuts and they go and hide them. The cats love watching them, too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home