Wednesday, October 03, 2007

I'm going to be away from the blog for the next week (as if that is anything new, ha ha). I thought I'd leave you with some scenic photos from our hike last Saturday. There was lots of interesting stuff at the micro level:


Interesting geological formation (aka stripy rock):
Our friend was visiting so we decided to take a sight-seeing plane ride on Sunday, and there we got the macro view:
Perfect time of year too, with all the leaves changing colors and sweeping across the landscape:
We even flew by our house, although you can just barely see it here:
And just where are we going for the next few days?? Here is a little clue:Should be a fun trip but a bit on the "whirlwind" side. And of course, I definitely need a small project to knit on the horribly long plane ride, so I whipped out this Trekking XXL from the stash, in oddball colors (I think I threw this into an online shopping cart months ago so that I would cross the free shipping threshold):
I really want to call it "Funfetti Cake!"
Be back soon!

Labels:

15 Comments:

At October 04, 2007 1:27 AM, Blogger Hasbu said...

I'm jealous! You're going somewhere I really would like to go. :)

Have a great trip!

 
At October 04, 2007 3:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the 1st photo. It's interesting from micro point of view.
Have a good trip.

 
At October 04, 2007 6:41 AM, Blogger Zonda said...

Awesome pictures!! Have a good trip! :)

 
At October 04, 2007 7:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures! Have a great trip!

 
At October 04, 2007 8:39 AM, Blogger Jana said...

Have a fun trip! I can't wait to see that trekking knitted up, the colors are really cute.

 
At October 04, 2007 11:33 AM, Blogger Kelly said...

hey there! Great pictures. Have fun in SF:)

 
At October 04, 2007 12:30 PM, Blogger C+SK said...

Beautiful photos!!
Oh yey for San Fran! I was there once 7 years ago and have been dying to go back. Have a great time!!

 
At October 04, 2007 2:30 PM, Blogger Brahdelt said...

OMGs!... You live in the middle of the woods! It makes me soooo jealous. ^^

 
At October 05, 2007 6:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Absolutely awesome photos - thanks for sharing! Have a good trip and enjoy yourself!

 
At October 06, 2007 12:04 PM, Blogger Larjmarj said...

Great pics!
Have fun on your trip.

I have some of that free shipping threshold yarn too ;-).

 
At October 08, 2007 12:29 AM, Blogger Prachi said...

Hey Lobstah, I wish I had read your entry earlier, I would have liked to persuade you for a meet-up, since you were in my neck of the woods! I hope you had a nice time in the bay area.

 
At October 08, 2007 6:53 PM, Blogger Casa Pearl said...

Oh have a lovely holiday and thanks for the great photos of up Maine! We've got lots of colors down here too!

 
At October 08, 2007 7:49 PM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said...

Have a great trip!

 
At October 13, 2007 9:40 PM, Blogger Mary, Mary... said...

Art Fibers in SF is a must. In the meantime--Red Sox Rule!

 
At October 15, 2007 6:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh beautiful pictures! Thank you for sharing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home