Wednesday, August 01, 2007

I'm a day late, but I wanted to wrap up the red/metallic/black portion of Project Spectrum with another dorky mosaic of the photos I took for this color scheme:Go to Flickr for larger views.

I have to say last month's color triad was not my fave. I wear a lot of red and black but somehow just wasn't all that inspired to knit much in those colors.

I'm much more enthusiastic about the next two months, with a focus on orange, brown, and purple! Purple is probably my absolutely favorite color, and I have a deep appreciation for brown as well. I've never been a huge orange person, but I'm hoping to use the following yarn for my next project:This is one of those difficult-to-photograph yarns. It looks rather red in this picture but I would really describe it as a deep terra-cotta or orange-y rust color. It actually has subtle variation to it. This was the Classic Elite Waterlily yarn that my aunt bought me for my birthday last year, and I hope it works well for the intended sweater pattern. I'm a little concerned that the yarn shop owner led me astray in saying that this was a good substitute for Filatura Di Crosa Zara. The recommended needle size is 2 or 3 sizes different (!), but all I can do is try swatching and hope for the best!

In a serendipitous turn of events (given this month's PS colors), I saw the following parked along the road on my walk home from work:Purple! Sparkly! I'm not a motorcycle person but if I were, I would totally want this one!

Labels:

4 Comments:

At August 01, 2007 10:07 PM, Blogger JustApril said...

Great pics! I love the purple motorcycle pic!

 
At August 02, 2007 1:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm actually into orange color lately. One of my projects is orange color.
The sweater looks very cool, and I know what you mean with astray. I believe I bought some yarn from LYS and they suggested other yarn to substitute. Indeed, I could never got the gauge of the pattern. Bah.. But I think most yarn store staff really know what they need for their customers.

 
At August 03, 2007 1:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Orange is such a woefully underappreciated color! Many, many people seem to lack the orange gene. But it's one of my personal favorites. :-)

 
At August 05, 2007 12:42 PM, Blogger Larjmarj said...

I think you need a purple hog!
vroom vroom!

I like "orange push-up" orange. I've been planning on some kool aid dying in that color but haven't done so.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home