Thursday, June 21, 2007

Happy solstice!
We've had a string of the most lovely days you could imagine, which is quite unusual for here. I think the last three weeks have been the nicest start to summer in the four years I've lived here.
Well, until yesterday anyway.But it was a good thing as it was getting a bit too dry. Looks like the whole weekend will be showery as well. Hopefully it doesn't mean a return to the bugs because I think the dry weather resulted in one of the easier bug seasons in memory.

Weather can't bring my happiness down at finishing Caister, except for those pesky buttons I forgot. Here she is, hanging around with some jeans on the porch:I'm going to save my "official" photo shoot and notes for when I finally get buttons, hopefully not too long from now.

One of the great things about the nice weather is that I'm actually getting a ton of blooms in my flower boxes already. In a normal, chilly year it seems like it takes until July to get many flowers (they're also in a shady location so I'm working at a serious disadvantage), but this year they're going crazy! Here's one of my double impatiens, I think they're so pretty!I also see a ton of flowers on my tomato plants already, so maybe this will be the year that I actually get a bumper crop! Not really--these are also stuck in a shady spot so I'm lucky if I get some in August, but a girl can dream, right? ;)

Labels:

11 Comments:

At June 22, 2007 5:25 AM, Blogger Opal said...

If it's too rainy for you, you can always send the rain to me. We've had an extremely dry season and no hope for any rain for awhile.

I eagerly await the buttons!

 
At June 22, 2007 10:29 AM, Blogger Casa Pearl said...

We are having some lovely days down here as well. Your sweate is fabulous - love the colors and kudos on your impatients! Happy summer to you.

 
At June 22, 2007 11:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. Caister doesn't even look like a handknit in that photo--it looks like a shirt made from woven cloth. Amazing!

I hope it fits! :-)

 
At June 22, 2007 8:00 PM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said...

It has been quite lovely, hasn't it? A nice day for a very, very pretty sweater to hang around outside...great job!

 
At June 22, 2007 10:54 PM, Blogger Larjmarj said...

We need the rain here in Michigan also!! Caister looks amazing, you are one heck of a knitter....I'm not worthy....I'm not worthy..

:-)

 
At June 23, 2007 6:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Caister is beautiful - can't wait until you show close ups!

 
At June 23, 2007 7:31 AM, Blogger Prachi said...

What a lovely set of photos! Nice striped top, too, waiting for close up, modeled shots!

 
At June 24, 2007 7:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a totally gorgeous bloom - its color shades are so inspiring! And yay for your sweater, it looks fascinating! What a great job you did with it - and mind you, I *so* can't wait to see the modeled shots as well as some close up ones of it too, you got me really curious here!
Hopefully your rain will be gone soon again - we're supposed to get a really wet spell here next week with temperatures dropping extremely - but hah, I won't be here to freeze ;) Enjoy your summer!

 
At June 26, 2007 1:57 AM, Blogger Jana said...

I actually don't mind seaming as much as I mind sewing on buttons. Go figure! It's a mental block kind of thing. Summer here has not beem blistering hot yet. I really hope it stays that way!

 
At June 26, 2007 1:12 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Love, love Caister! It's beautiful and an inspiration to work with color. Can't wait to see it modeled.

 
At June 29, 2007 4:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh your sweater is too too cute!

We are gonig to finally have a lovely weather weekend this weekend, I'm really looking forward to it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home