Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Apologies for my extended absence...the last two weeks were a work nightmare (including a delightful 16 hour day that involved spending the morning walking through wetlands and then managing a public hearing until 9 at night). And let's face it, when you're having that much fun, it's hard to motivate to do anything else during your relaxation time.

Anyway, here's a photo revue of what else has happened since my last posting.
The crocuses finally bloomed:Took a weekend trip to Boston for an awesome Ale Festival and got to see this classic diner:And then later got to go to a party in this crazy old bank vault:My snowbank has (barely) survived into May, in very sad and shrunken form:It looks more like a dirt pile now! And the lake still has a thin layer of ice on it, but I can't imagine it's going to last more than another day or two, since temps have been in the mid-70's:As for knitting, I've finished the front and back of Caister and am nearing completion of the first sleeve (gotta love those short sleeves). I could show you more photos of stripes but I'll spare you!
Have a good rest of the week!

16 Comments:

At May 08, 2007 8:30 PM, Blogger Opal said...

It's great to see you surface again!

 
At May 08, 2007 8:43 PM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said...

Bye snowbank! See you next year. Only smaller...I hope.

 
At May 08, 2007 9:02 PM, Blogger Elinor said...

SHOCKING!!! In MAY! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK. You need to move somewhere that has a spring, lady.

 
At May 08, 2007 10:08 PM, Blogger Annie said...

No more snow! No more snow!

 
At May 08, 2007 11:15 PM, Blogger Zonda said...

Good for you, no more snow..or soon to be! Glad you are doing good! :)

 
At May 09, 2007 5:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to see you back! I can't believe you still have a snowpile...I hope it all melts soon and you have warm days!

 
At May 09, 2007 2:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, the Rosebud! I've been there. Good times. :-)

You must be farther north than I thought, to have so much snow still evident (and crocuses, too--here we're finally onto tulips and cherry blossoms.) I hope things are easing up for you now, so you can get out and enjoy the gorgeous spring that's headed your way. :-)

 
At May 10, 2007 4:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, this sounds like the work week from hell - I hope things are calming down for you these days! And hey, bye bye snowbank, it's about time! ;)

 
At May 10, 2007 4:34 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Yay! Finally some flowers!
Looks pretty :)

 
At May 10, 2007 10:49 PM, Blogger Mary, Mary... said...

I love the bowling shoes and bags. Do y'all have 'bowling names' like Earlene and Bobby Daryl?

 
At May 11, 2007 12:32 AM, Blogger Hasbu said...

Great to see you again!

 
At May 12, 2007 4:23 AM, Blogger Jana said...

A 16 hour day? Yikes! That's hardcore. Glad you got some breaks to eat and drink and knit though!

 
At May 12, 2007 8:44 PM, Blogger Knittinreed said...

Yikes!!! That's some work schedule! Glad to see you are back and survived. Too bad the snowbank isn't :-).
Thanks for your sweet comments on my blog.

 
At May 13, 2007 11:55 AM, Blogger Casa Pearl said...

Aren't you glad it's finally spring! Now time for black flies and greenies! LOL

Are you going to the Maine Fiber Frolic on 9-10 June? I went last year in the rain and was thinking of going again....
http://www.fiberfrolic.com/

 
At May 15, 2007 12:16 AM, Blogger Larjmarj said...

I love the updates on the snow bank.
Ale fest sounds fun but slogging through the wetlands does not. More beer less swamp.

 
At May 15, 2007 11:23 PM, Blogger C+SK said...

Yey, welcome back to blogland! I hope things are calming down a bit and not so much work!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home