Sunday, April 01, 2007

Happy April to all! I hope your weather is looking a bit more spring-like than here. Forecast for this week:
Monday--Chance of Snow (2 to 5 inches)
Tuesday--Chance of Rain/Snow
Wednesday--Chance of Rain/Snow
Thursday--Snow Likely

Blech.

I guess the weather is trying to keep me in the mood to finish my cardigan, even though I really want to start something in cotton. After much foot-dragging, I finally wove the ends in and blocked it. Here's the body:There will be more knitting, to make the bands for the bottom, the collar, and the cuffs. I wanted to try to get a lot of the finishing done this weekend, but ended up doing a lot of running around. Plus keeping poor G company, who has been battling a nasty flu since Thursday. The saddest part is that he was supposed to fly down to NY to visit his sister and had to cancel the trip. I went to the library to pick up some books for him, but when one is spending 24 hrs a day in the house they get kinda bored. I bet he totally wishes he knew how to knit now, ha ha.

I also spent Saturday trying to find a separating zipper for the cardi, which was a total pain in the ass. The selection of 20" zippers was rather limited, I was hoping for a cream colored one but the closest thing they had was blinding white with silver zipper. I will have to see if it will work but if not that will delay this poor sweater even further.

Last weekend I visited my friend who had her baby a few weeks ago. Here he is with his hand-knitted loot:Altogether now, "Awww...."

Labels:

12 Comments:

At April 01, 2007 6:09 PM, Blogger Opal said...

The cardigan is looking magnificent! I hope that zipper works out and that G starts to feel better real soon.

That baby looks so adorable with all that knittin' loot.

 
At April 01, 2007 10:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww... That turtle is great!

I've found audio to be a great soother when I'm sick. That's actually how I found Cast-On a year ago, right after I started knitting. I listened to all the episodes in one day! OK, not that great a feat then with roughly 10 episodes at the time.

 
At April 01, 2007 10:53 PM, Blogger Prachi said...

Awwwwwww. He and Sheldon look like old friends already!
Look at it this way, Lobstah: when it's June and I'm in Delhi boiling in 45 deg centigrade, you can tell me all about the glorious weather in Maine! (I drove up from Boston and spent memorial day weekend at a lakeside cottage there one summer, it was unbelievably gorgeous).

 
At April 02, 2007 12:38 AM, Blogger Zonda said...

WOW! Your cardigan is looking awesome! Have you tried www.zippersource.com I got my Noni bag zippers there. I hated to order them online, but sometimes you gotta do it! ;)

Awww what a cute turtle and blanket! Sweet lil' baby! :)

 
At April 02, 2007 4:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My gosh, the cuteness - the little one looks so adorable!
And I really love your cardigan, it looks totally fabulous - all the best of luck with the zipper!

 
At April 02, 2007 7:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The cardigan is beautiful! Very nice...sorry that you aren't having spring weather yet - hopefully soon!

 
At April 02, 2007 2:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I definitely awwed out loud at work!!

The cardi is looking great..I might re-start it some day!

 
At April 02, 2007 5:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I love the cardigan, such great colors.

And that turtle is so stinking cute, it reminds me of a book from my childhood.

 
At April 02, 2007 5:46 PM, Blogger Casa Pearl said...

Awwww your baby gifts turned out fabulous and I'm so envious of your sweater. Keep going so we can see it finished!

 
At April 03, 2007 1:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi!
Happy April too. Too bad the weather is not agreeing with Spring.
The cardigan looks great! The turtle is just so darn cute.

 
At April 03, 2007 7:58 AM, Blogger C+SK said...

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! :-D

That is going to be one sexy cardigan! :-)

 
At April 10, 2007 4:51 AM, Blogger Hasbu said...

That cardigan is going to be awesome!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home