Thursday, April 19, 2007

Aaaah! My eyes!Yes, the sun has finally come out to play! (This is especially funny because my father is convinced that everyone up in Maine has big dark eyes set into impossibly pale faces, due to the lack of sunlight. A world of Gollum-like people, if you will. Based on my own pasty complexion, I fear that there may be some basis in reality for this joke).

Anyway, I am sure glad the sun is shining because my fave snowbank "Big Bertha", while quite dirty from the last few plows over soft ground, has not shrunk very much from the last time I photographed her:
I want to say thanks for all your kind words on my fair-isle cardigan! I wish I had some cooler photos of it, but unfortunately the sleety icky weather forced me to stay indoors and I can't seem to take inspired photos when I'm inside. It's going to be too warm to wear it in the near future, so hopefully next winter I can revisit it with some more interesting shots.

One thing is for sure, mud season is here...At least I have some stripes to keep me happy! :D

Labels:

10 Comments:

At April 19, 2007 7:54 PM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said...

The big yellow ball of fire was scary! I didn't know quite what to make of it so I sacrificed a skein of Red Heart Acrylic just to be on the safe side.

Lovely knitting you have there!

 
At April 19, 2007 8:41 PM, Blogger Elinor said...

Ugh. Mud. At least there's sun? Heh. I like your stripes! They look very springlike and... optimistic!

 
At April 19, 2007 9:01 PM, Blogger Emma said...

Ooh, gorgeous stripes!

 
At April 20, 2007 12:01 AM, Blogger Zonda said...

Yay!! Yeppers, mud season...oh what fun huh? Love those stripes!!

 
At April 20, 2007 7:21 AM, Blogger Opal said...

Yay for the sun! Yay for the stripes!

 
At April 20, 2007 10:11 AM, Blogger C+SK said...

Haaaa the sun is shinning today in NYC too! Yey!!!! (lovely springy cheerful stripes!)

 
At April 21, 2007 12:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, that was about time that the sun and spring arrived at your place too - yay for that, though... well, the mud is just something to keep up with at this time of year unfortunately, but it'll be gone soon too!
Love the stripes, the colours look so happy and cheerful!

 
At April 21, 2007 4:40 PM, Blogger Hasbu said...

Beautiful pics! We haven't seen too much sun up here, just wet snow and hailstorms. Just a week ago it was in the 70's, now back to 30's...

 
At April 22, 2007 11:15 AM, Blogger Larjmarj said...

Yeah! Mud season, and for me four muddy paws. Oh well. I guess we have to get through it to get to summer. The snow is gone around here and we are seeing hints of green on the tips of tress.
Lovely stripes and your cardi from the last post Wowzers!

 
At April 26, 2007 6:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Luckily we don't have mud season. Even though it means spring, I would definitely have a problem with mud season. Nice stripes!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home