Friday, February 23, 2007

Ack, sorry for being away so long! :) Unfortunately not a lot of progress has been made on my knitting projects, either. I finished the body of the fair-isle cardigan and a preliminary try-on seemed to indicate that it just may work. I've been ready to start a sleeve for awhile but I never did the gauge calcs like I did for the body. I'll have to sit down this weekend to figure it out...shouldn't be too hard but I need to do it while I am well-rested, non-distracted, and alert, ha ha.

I also started another Project Spectrum item. In extreme closeup, these are going to be the "Double-Rolled Mittens" from the book Favorite Mittens by Robin Hansen.They are made in purplish-blue Bartlett Yarn 2-ply and the "rolling" (fleece lining) is done with Bartlett Yarn pencil roving in a gray color, which you can see peeking through the stitches.

This is what the inside of the mitten looks like:Mmm, fleecy warm goodness!

You may recall that I've already made the Maplewood Mittens and the Labrador Diamonds Mittens from this book, and while they're not the simplest patterns around, the history nerd in me just can't resist them.

This is old news, but the storm we got last week gave us a good 20 inches of snow. Here is a photo of it, in the blue-gray-white color scheme no less!And, there won't be any photos of the lake for awhile...the view has been blocked, by this nice 8 foot snow bank!Hope everyone has a lovely weekend!

Labels:

10 Comments:

At February 23, 2007 9:57 PM, Blogger Zonda said...

Wow that is a lot of snow there!! You guys sure made up for earlier this winter huh!

That mitten does look nice and warm, guess you need it!

Glad you are doing well! :)

 
At February 24, 2007 9:16 AM, Blogger Kelly said...

20 inches! Dang! At least you'll have some warm mittens soon - perfect for snowball fights:)

 
At February 24, 2007 6:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

20in? That's a lot! Though I'm glad you are OK. the mittens look so warm already!

 
At February 25, 2007 11:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahh, yummy - these teaser pics made me very, very curious!
And gosh, what a heap of snow you got! I still can't believe it, but we got exactly 2 (!) inches of snow all winter long over here in the valley - and we're not in Florida, but in the Austrian Alps! I'd have given a lot for a bit of your snow up until last week - but now I'm all ready for spring! Hope your snow will melt away soon - yay for spring!

 
At February 26, 2007 6:27 PM, Blogger Jana said...

Those are some serious mittens. But with snow like that I'm sure they all get worn a lot!

 
At February 26, 2007 9:25 PM, Blogger Mary, Mary... said...

It's 80 degrees--forget spring and cue summer. Sigh--I love your snow pix and the mittens--I'm going to go stand in front of an open fridge now and pretend I'm somewhere else.

 
At February 28, 2007 12:53 PM, Blogger Sharmane said...

The blue in that first pic is stunning. I regret I have yet to orgainze my blue items for the project. Eek!

 
At February 28, 2007 4:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow that is a lot of snow! I would have loved that, had I gotten snowed in and could stay hidden in my house.

 
At March 01, 2007 2:51 PM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said...

Looks like we are in for a bit more of the white stuff in the near future! Glad you have those mittens...I think they are going to come in handy.

Stay warm!

 
At March 06, 2007 8:10 PM, Blogger Casa Pearl said...

Lovely mittens - did you get some more snow this weekend? We got a fair amount and then it turned over to rain and now ice. I'm so ready for spring.....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home