Wednesday, January 17, 2007

I'm so glad everyone liked the baby blanket! I was on the edge of whether I really liked it, but you all tipped the balance for me! I finished the blanket last night, but I still need to weave in some ends and block the thing. Pictures soon, although I'm afraid they won't be very different than the ones I already posted.

Since I really have nothing else to post about, I will revert to the default topic of weather.We got some snow on Monday. About 6 inches, although this picture makes it look like much more:I love this stop sign always getting buried. It is at the intersection of two roads and a parking lot, and this is the only place to put the snow. After every storm, they eventually come with a loader and truck it off to somewhere else.

Unfortunately, it is far too cold to actually enjoy said snow. My car barely started this morning. When I got out of the car, the wind off the lake actually took my breath away. I saw some small, furry animals frozen into little popsicle shapes (just kidding about that last one).

Seriously folks, it is -15 F this morning with a -30 F wind chill. If I ever move further south in New England, I will never again think of the weather there as "cold" after living in this.

Stay warm!

11 Comments:

At January 17, 2007 9:23 AM, Blogger Brahdelt said...

It's nice to see a piece of Winter, at least on somebody's blog... *sigh* Last year this time we had snow and -20 C, this year is +5 C and rain all the time...

 
At January 17, 2007 11:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, wow that's cold. It's only 6 here, ha!

I will say that we don't have any snow, which really disappoints me. A whole winter without snow.

I don't think I'm leaving the house today, because the wind will certainly catch my breath away. We live in the middle of a valley, and it's quite windy here.

 
At January 17, 2007 11:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh that is cold, but very pretty with the snow. I love super cold mornings when they are snowy. It at least seems reasonable, unlike when it's super cold and the world is ugly because there's no snow.

 
At January 17, 2007 6:17 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Brrr! And we have flowers on the trees. I'm so disappointed after last winter here :( I want big snow storms to dump piles of fluffy white snow all over Germany and Switzterland!

 
At January 17, 2007 10:41 PM, Blogger Zonda said...

Yay, snow in Maine! Now that is winter!! We may get some on Thursday...so bad around here though, no one can drive...I mean I take that back, they all think they can drive...

Thanks for that picture!! Stay warm!

 
At January 18, 2007 12:26 AM, Blogger Desiknitter said...

Hahaha! Poor furry animals.
Stay warm, stay warm, I have never been in -F temps and I certainly hope I never will!

 
At January 18, 2007 5:05 PM, Blogger Opal said...

I can only try to imagine what that weather is like. It's 80F here, too bad you can't come on down for a visit!

 
At January 18, 2007 8:24 PM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said...

Hang in there! More winter weather is on it's way! We're getting a mixed bag of sleet and snow tonight on our end of the state. Should be a super-fun commute tomorrow...

 
At January 18, 2007 11:22 PM, Blogger Mary, Mary... said...

Snow works for me, ice doesn't. As for small furry animals--imagine my boys in odd poses.(they're alive--really.) Your friend will thank you for the acylic blend and will cherish that darlin' blankie!

 
At January 19, 2007 8:21 AM, Blogger Kelly said...

Dude! Somehow your blog got deleted from my bloglines, so I haven't seen any of your posts since your xmas tree one in December. I was about to start bugging you and see if you were ever gonna update your blog when I noticed it was missing on my list on bloglines. Sorry for staying away:)

Anyway, you've churned out some amazing projects in the last few weeks. Your mom is gonna love that sweater (and I'm selfishly excited to hear you guys are taking a trip to CT!).

I can't believe it's that cold there! You really need to move down here:) we can hang out and go to Webs!

 
At January 25, 2007 3:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woah, this really looks like a whole lot of snow! -15C is a bummer, especially if the wind makes the felt temperature even colder! We've been having temps around +10 or even more for most of winter, just now it cooled down a bit to around zero, and we even got some snow - actually masses of it for the rest of Austria, and about 1 inch for us in the Tyrol. Duh. What a strange winter this is... Do stay warm, will you?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home