Wednesday, January 03, 2007

The bobble cardigan is done, and I could not be any more pleased with how it came out!
I really think this is probably my best finished object to date. All the details look just perfect to me. The measurements came out exactly to the size I knitted, so hopefully that means it will fit my mom OK. I don't think I want to risk leaving this to the whimsy of the US Postal Service, so I will bring it home personally probably no later than Februrary.
Project Notes: Bobble Cardigan, from Vogue Knitting Winter 2004-2005. Knit in Louet Gems Opal merino yarn, color "Cream."

I don't have single complaint regarding the pattern or the yarn. Despite Vogue's reputation for errata prone patterns, I found no problems with this one. It was easy to follow and a great deal of fun to do all the different motifs. It really kept the project interesting. The yarn is likewise delightful: soft, lofty, high quality and a very reasonable price. The only minor problem I had was a very slight bias to the knitted fabric (which doesn't appear to affect the final project), and I'm not sure if this bias was due to the yarn or my own knitting technique.
I decided to throw this one into the Finished Objects for 2006, even though I didn't finish the last seam until New Year's Day. I figure 99.9% of it was done in 2006 :) Next post will have a quick (and belated) "year in review"!

Labels:

13 Comments:

At January 03, 2007 3:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow it looks amazing!I can tell why your proud of it.

 
At January 03, 2007 3:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's gorgeous. Well done! I'm impressed (really) that you can say things like "The only minor problem I had was a very slight bias to the knitted fabric." I'm so not there, yet?

 
At January 03, 2007 3:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi. I'm a friend of G's and a very close friend of his sister, A's (she was in our wedding last Dec in CO). Anyhoo. She just told me to check out your knitting on your blog, because it's good. And she wasn't kidding! Your bobble sweater is amazing. I made a bobble blanket once, and hated those darn things by the end! I'll be back to check out more of your work...

 
At January 03, 2007 6:20 PM, Blogger Zonda said...

That is gorgeous! You did an awesome job on it!

 
At January 03, 2007 6:23 PM, Blogger C+SK said...

WOW! WOW! That is a work of art! Absolutely delicate and gorgeous! Congratulations!

 
At January 03, 2007 8:29 PM, Blogger Opal said...

Woo! What a great job! That is one gorgeous cardigan.

 
At January 04, 2007 4:40 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

WOWZA! You are too good!

(bow bow)

:D

 
At January 04, 2007 7:36 PM, Blogger Jana said...

It looks great! I bet those crocheted edges were a lot of work but they were worth it, such beautiful details!

 
At January 05, 2007 12:25 AM, Blogger BrownPants said...

GOR-G-EOUS! Wow! Big yay for you!

 
At January 05, 2007 7:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, what a lovely post to return to after a long break from blog-surfing! Your cardigan is stunning, and I was admiring all the lovely details in the photo: the bobbles, the seam.. it's gorgeous and I'm sure your mom is going to love it.

Happy new year, btw!

 
At January 06, 2007 7:46 AM, Blogger Brahdelt said...

Frankly speaking, when I first saw the photo of the original some time ago I wasn't much attracted to it (maybe because of the colour)- the bobbles where funny but it was just it. But your finished version is delicious, I could wear it right away! Great job! *^v^*

 
At January 06, 2007 2:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful - just amazing! I really love the sleeves - very pretty. Your Mom will love it - and if she doesn't, I'll take it!

 
At January 10, 2007 10:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! I mean, seriously: WOW! This is absolutely and totally amazing - what a really great job you did with knitting it up! You're right, the details all seem absolutely perfect - this is a real piece of art indeed! And I agree, it's definitely better to not let such a gem into the hands of the postal services - bringing it home personally is way safer!
Fantastic job - I'm sure it'll fit your Mom perfectly and that she's going to love it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home