Sunday, December 17, 2006

Just so you know that I do still knit, here is a photo of an almost-finished sleeve (which I actually finished shortly thereafter):
And a close-up of the groovy honeycomb pattern at the cuffs:Just cast on for the second sleeve. This sweater is rapidly coming to a finish...well, it will until I get to all the crocheted edgings, anyway. I have a feeling things will abruptly slow down at that point.

Otherwise I spent part of today busting my butt to clean the apartment...but only got about two-thirds done. I tend to get distracted looking at things (photo albums, pattern books, magazines, etc.) which makes it hard to finish. I also went to the store to pick up supplies for making Christmas cookies and happened to get the last jar of maraschino cherries in town. Phew, crisis averted!

Not looking forward to going back to work tomorrow. At least I am taking Friday off AND I get to skip the cheesy department holiday party this Wednesday due to a well-timed vet appointment, heh heh. So not all is bad!

Labels:

9 Comments:

At December 17, 2006 11:16 PM, Blogger Emma said...

Looks like that's going to be a lovely sweater. And nice work snagging the last cherries!

 
At December 17, 2006 11:41 PM, Blogger Zonda said...

I agree, that is going to be one lovely sweater! :)

 
At December 18, 2006 3:14 AM, Blogger Opal said...

That is one gorgeous looking sleeve! Can't wait to see it attached to the sweater. :-)

 
At December 18, 2006 5:05 AM, Blogger Jeanne said...

The sweater is going to be beautiful - I really like the honeycomb design on the sleeve (wonder if you could use that pattern for socks?). Congrats on skipping the work holiday party - mine is today...sigh....

 
At December 18, 2006 6:29 AM, Blogger Jana said...

I love the honeycomb pattern. I make a washcloth/dishcloth in that pattern and everybody loves it. I love it too because it looks really nice and really isn't that hard. I skipped my work party too! I figure, hey, I see these people at work, that's enough already! :)

 
At December 18, 2006 10:08 AM, Blogger JustApril said...

It's beaooootiful, can't wait to see more =)

 
At December 18, 2006 3:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the honeycomb pattern on that sleeve.

Oh I know what you mean about cleaning, I constantly get distracted by side-projects and looking at things when I'm putting them away. Oh well, such is life.

 
At December 19, 2006 2:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, this is beautiful already - can't wait to see it finished!

 
At December 19, 2006 4:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a lovely sleeve you have!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home