Friday, December 08, 2006

Brrrr....

I've had a wildly busy week here, hence the lack of posts. Oh wait...every week there is a lack of posts, ha ha. Anyway, I spent this week running to appointments, work meetings, shopping (for a new mattress, yay!), doing some Xmas decorating, etc, etc, and I'm beat. I'd say thank goodness for the weekend, but it's going to be just as bad (more on that next post).

Winter has rapidly descended on my little corner of the world. First, some freezing cold temps:Then, a pretty snowfall (I think we've only had about 4 or 5 inches total, but it's blowing around and drifting due to very high winds today):The lake is starting to freeze over. If these temps keep up, and there is every indication that they will, the lake should be hard frozen within a week. I did have time to do some knitting amidst all the busy-ness and now have both cardigan fronts completed. I ended up frogging maybe two-thirds to three-quarters of that one I showed in the last post, but they are really quite speedy to knit up. It only took me a week to re-knit what I had ripped. Well, that's speedy for me anyway, considering I only knit maybe an hour or two a night. This weekend I should be able to start the first sleeve; we'll see how far I can get.

Hope you all have a great weekend!

9 Comments:

At December 08, 2006 5:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh what beautiful pictures, I especially liked that last one. Stay warm!

 
At December 08, 2006 5:44 PM, Blogger JustApril said...

Yes, those are GORGEOUS! Looks VERY cold! =][ shiver

I've always wanted to be near a lake when it freezes to hear the sounds it makes (or unfreezes)

 
At December 09, 2006 12:06 AM, Blogger Zonda said...

Awesome pictures! Thank you for that! :) Glad your cardi is getting there and the reknit wasn't too bad! Have a great weekend too! :)

 
At December 09, 2006 8:02 AM, Blogger Jeanne said...

Beautiful pictures - and I'm so jealous you have snow! Hope you get a bit of downtime this weekend and looking forward to seeing the cardi.

 
At December 10, 2006 6:50 PM, Blogger BrownPants said...

Lovely pictures!

 
At December 10, 2006 8:17 PM, Blogger Mary, Mary... said...

Some of the best money we ever spent was on a decent mattress--good for you!man, those pics look like it's beyond handknit cold--they're survival freezing. Got the skates ready?

 
At December 11, 2006 12:39 AM, Blogger Opal said...

Gorgeous pictures. Brr indeed!

 
At December 12, 2006 12:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My gosh, your nature shots are absolutely beautiful, they're really artsy indeed! I'm dreaming of a winter wonderland by now - it's gotten a tad colder over here, no spring temperatures anymore, but there's no snow in sight - what a shame ;(
Stay warm!

 
At December 17, 2006 12:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love your winter pictures! I'm in a serious winter deficit here in SoCal, where they issue a Severe Weather Alert if they expect 1/4" of rain! You're reminding me of why I want to move back "home" again!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home