Saturday, November 04, 2006

Here's a photo of my current project. This is the "Bobble Cardigan" (pattern #3) from the Winter 2004/2005 issue of Vogue Knitting, and the yarn is Louet Gems Opal in a cream color. I'm actually making this for my mother (hi mom!) and I had her pick out the pattern and yarn. Whenever I knit a gift for someone, I get into a total worry-wart mode that it won't come out "perfect", so at least this way I don't have to worry whether she'll like the style/color.

Here is a photo of my progress from the last week:
Am I cruising on this or what? I must say, if you are starting to feel like sweaters are taking way too long to complete, make a lace shawl first. Once you finish it, everything else seems so quick! I'm not sure how long this after-effect will last, but for now I'm enjoying it.

I'm having a semi-lazy weekend here. I just finished making some catnip mice (sewn) for Quincy and now I'm trying to get the yarn/craft closet back into shape (this closet is not as impressive as it sounds, alas). Good weekend for not doing much, as it is very windy and raw out. And we had a heavy dusting of snow the other night. Winter is here!

Labels:

8 Comments:

At November 04, 2006 5:11 PM, Blogger Opal said...

You are so right about the lace shawl completion comparison. After the Flirty Ruffles all my other projects seem like quickies. That cardigan is really lovely, btw.

 
At November 05, 2006 7:09 AM, Blogger Jeanne said...

Don't say that about lace shawls - I'm starting one today and hope to finish it for Christmas! The cardigan looks great...its going to be beautiful in that yarn.

 
At November 05, 2006 11:14 PM, Blogger Zonda said...

That is going to be a nice sweater! :)

 
At November 06, 2006 12:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I can't believe you guys already have snow! Isn't it supposed to be still fall?

I like your mom's sweater choice and I've heard great things about your chosen yarn. what do you think so far?

 
At November 07, 2006 6:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My gosh, this cardigan is going to be a real beauty! I'm like you, as soon as I start a project for someone else, I get cold shivers all over all the time, worrying whether it'll be just halfway perfect, staring at each and every stitch to find out what's *not* perfect with it - it's crazy, isn't it? But the way you did it is the best indeed - letting the recipient choose the color and the pattern, this way you can be certain this will be okay! And your knitting is so even and nice, it'll be an absolutely awesome present!

 
At November 08, 2006 1:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha, you bet you're right about the lace shawl vs. anything else. Seriously, anything else pales in comparison.
Are you liking the Louet Gems? I quite like that yarn, very springy and nice to work with, no?
I wish all gift-anxiety could be so easily resolved. I don't think I ever relax, even after the recipient has got and worn the garment.

 
At November 08, 2006 4:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welll the lace shawl comparison is pretty much on the money. My lace stole is taking forever...

 
At November 08, 2006 10:20 PM, Blogger Mary, Mary... said...

Ooooh, catnip mice! Neko is about 7 months old--is he of legal nipping age?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home