Monday, November 27, 2006

From turkey...To Times Square...
It was a very busy weekend! My friend and I went down to NYC on Saturday to catch a matinee of "The Lion King" and check out all the tourist traps. I loved the snowflakes at Saks:(We also had fun gawking at the prices inside the store.)

Friday was also really fun, my aunt and I visited my grandparents for lunch and afterwards my aunt, grandma, and I went to the yarn store. Since my birthday is coming up, my aunt offered to buy me a pattern and yarn for a sweater of my choice! Talk about a cool gift, huh? After much deliberation, I decided on:The pattern is from the Filatura Di Crosa Zara Fall/Winter 2005 collection and the yarn is Classic Elite Waterlily. I was talked into the terra-cotta color (I was originally looking at a deep purple), and I think it will look great. Apparently I need some color in my wardrobe! ;) I don't think I will get to start this until later this winter, so it will have to hang out in the stash for a while!

Meanwhile, I'm about halfway up the second front of the bobble cardigan. I was able to do a preliminary try-on for my mom while I was home. I am worried it may be a skootch too small, but it was hard to tell with just two pieces done. I may end up re-knitting a portion of the front piece I already completed, since my gauge was a bit tight on it. I'll probably also do a semi-agressive block on the pieces to add a tiny bit more ease. Hopefully that will work!

Labels:

8 Comments:

At November 28, 2006 4:59 AM, Blogger Jeanne said...

Sounds like a fun weekend! The new yarn is beautiful, and the pattern is really nice.

 
At November 28, 2006 8:34 AM, Blogger Brahdelt said...

I love the colour and the pattern you chose!

 
At November 28, 2006 8:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh, I like the pattern you chose. And the color. It will be nice to knit with a fun color in that late part of winter when everything is gray and dull. Bummer we missed each other this weekend!

 
At November 28, 2006 11:59 AM, Blogger tatjana said...

What fun! NYC must be amazing done up for Christmas. Great choice of pattern, and just the colour I would have picked :) It'll look great.

 
At November 28, 2006 6:23 PM, Blogger Zonda said...

Nice weekend! Yay! The yarn and pattern is gorgeous! Yeah, I need color in my wardrobe too... ;)

 
At November 28, 2006 10:07 PM, Blogger Kirsten said...

It sounds like you has a wonderful weekend! That is the perfect gift that your aunt gave you. I love the color you chose. It will show the patterning really well.

 
At November 29, 2006 3:05 AM, Blogger Opal said...

What a wonderful weekend you had and a wonderful gift! I adore the colour yarn you picked out and I love the pattern as well.

 
At November 29, 2006 11:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, it seems you had such a fantastic time in NYC - it must be so great there, especially at this time of the year!
That pattern and yarn you decided for are just amazing - I'm so looking forward to seeing your progress pics, it's going to look amazing, especially in this gorgeous color!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home