Thursday, October 19, 2006

I must apologize for my extended absence from the blog...but I really didn't want to post until I had something completed! And what a "something" I finally finished...
Yes, Flirty Ruffles is knit, blocked, and ready to rock 'n' roll (or at least float 'n' flutter)!
Pattern specs: "Flirty Ruffles Shawl" from Fiddlesticks Knitting.
Yarn: Zephyr wool-silk laceweight in color Black (almost 3 complete skeins used), knit with size 5 needles

Nice pattern with wonderful, large charts. Didn't have any problems the whole time. This did seem to take forever to knit, especially for a slowpoke like me (started Memorial day weekend, so it took about 4.5 months)! I really couldn't be any happier with how it came out.

Now, time to take a deep breath before starting my next big project (which is most assuredly not a lace shawl).

Labels:

15 Comments:

At October 20, 2006 3:13 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

You are so talented. The shawl came out awesome!

I saw some nice video of what G. has been up to too ;-)

 
At October 20, 2006 5:09 AM, Blogger Jeanne said...

Wow - its beautiful! I love it - what a great color. And I bet its a great feeling to have it done!

 
At October 20, 2006 6:59 AM, Blogger Jana said...

Great shawl, I love it in black. It's a very feminine pattern but the black also makes it very sophisticated. Congrats!

 
At October 20, 2006 1:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great shawl, it turned out stunning. And great pictures to show it off!

 
At October 20, 2006 8:09 PM, Blogger Knittinreed said...

Oh My! Flirty Ruffles is sooooo beautiful! Great knitting.
Congratulations!

 
At October 20, 2006 8:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that was worth the wait. Your shawl is absolutely stunning! I really love it in the black, the stitch pattern shows off so nicely.

 
At October 22, 2006 12:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Effing g.o.r.g.e.o.u.s!!!! It's stunning, and I like the oh-so-casual way you're wearing it. How long and wide did it turn out after blocking?

 
At October 22, 2006 2:29 PM, Blogger Kirsten said...

OMG! It's gorgeous Lobstah!!!!! The photos are really beautiful too. It was worth the wait!

 
At October 22, 2006 7:55 PM, Blogger Zonda said...

That is gorgeous!! Wow, all those stitches....... Just beautiful!! Must have been interesting to block! Enjoy it!

 
At October 23, 2006 12:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, you've really outdone yourself this time! The shawl is so pretty! I love the ruffles, this is the first I've seen anything like it. And think of all the new projects you can start with this one off the needles!

 
At October 25, 2006 12:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, this is stunning, absolutely! What an amazing pattern this is, and you knit it up just perfectly! And I love the pics to show it off!

 
At October 25, 2006 7:55 PM, Blogger Mary, Mary... said...

Super job. I'd just twirl around in it and then use it for a batman cape. Really, really pretty.

 
At October 30, 2006 5:17 PM, Blogger Angela said...

Congratulations!

FR is one gorgeous shawl in black. (wink)

I need to take photo styling lessons from you.

 
At October 30, 2006 8:57 PM, Blogger BrownPants said...

WOW! Just wow.

 
At November 01, 2006 5:26 PM, Blogger Brahdelt said...

Wow, it is sooooo pretty! Great job! ^^

 

Post a Comment

<< Home