Monday, October 02, 2006

I just loved reading all of your comments about your funny celebrity crushes! Isn't it great to look back and laugh at the utter silliness that is adolescence? Though of course when you're going through it, everything is deadly serious!

I discovered that I was um, a wee bit optimistic thinking that I might be done Flirty Ruffles by this past weekend. I still have 7 or 8 rows, so at the pace I've been going at I might be done sometime next week, unless Columbus Day weekend turns out a bit less busy than I was planning. Like if it rains all weekend or something. Don't worry though, you all will be the first to know when I'm finished! (You'll probably here a loud "WA-HOOOOO!" echoing from the north Maine woods.)

At least I managed to get some fingers onto G's convertible mittens:They look a bit funny on my small hands, but you get the idea. I tried doing the fingers in double knitting but it was way too bulky and uncomfortable, so I re-knit them in single. The thumb is still double-knit though. I've started the second mitten before doing the flap top part, so that I can make sure I have enough yarn to make those in double knit fabric as well.

My knitting time has been cut back a bit because I'm trying to finish canning two big paper bags of apples that we bought. Here's some of my apple butter:I also made apple chutney (which came out kind of eh) and apple jelly (not really worth the effort...I got three measly half pints out of a lot of work). So I think I'll be making apple butter out of the rest, cause it's yummy and easy.

Here's a couple more fall photos for you to enjoy.


Labels: ,

14 Comments:

At October 02, 2006 5:49 PM, Blogger Emma said...

Ooh, ooh, ooh, pretty fall photos! It's in the 90s here all this week and most of next:(. So NOT fair!

 
At October 02, 2006 10:16 PM, Blogger Opal said...

I love your fall photos. Are you sick of the ruffles yet? I know I am!

 
At October 03, 2006 1:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We used to drive up to Maine every fall when I lived in Boston. Your photos remind me so much of those happy times!

I am looking forward to your Flirty ruffles!

 
At October 03, 2006 3:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, such gorgeous fall photos! This is what I so love with fall, the changing of the leaves never fails to amaze me! And hey - I'm also looking forward to your Flirty Ruffles! ;)

 
At October 03, 2006 5:02 AM, Blogger Jeanne said...

Beautiful photos, and the apple butter looks yummy. Are you using a pattern for the mittens or designing yourself?

 
At October 03, 2006 7:26 AM, Blogger tatjana said...

Mmmm, that apple butter looks so good! Good luck with flirty ruffles, I'm sure you'll get it done soon :)

 
At October 03, 2006 12:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh wow that last picture is pheneomenal.

Mmmm apple butter, I need to make that again. Actually that might be the perfect thing to do next Saturday, there's an apple farm not far from my house too.

 
At October 03, 2006 4:01 PM, Blogger Brahdelt said...

Great photos!
How do you make an apple butter? Never heard of it.

 
At October 03, 2006 10:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, that apple butter looks yummy! Your photos are beautiful.

 
At October 04, 2006 10:45 AM, Blogger Zonda said...

Yummy Maine Apple Butter!!! sniff! Were they Macs? Anyways, the mitten is looking good, and the autumn pics...need I say more.... Thank you for my Maine fix! :)

 
At October 05, 2006 6:40 PM, Blogger Mary, Mary... said...

beautiful fingerless glove...apple butter...gorgeous fall foliage! Um, it's 94 degrees here. I'm growing summer squash, for pete's sake!
best of luck w/Ruffles. Those last 8 rows are like hitting the wall in a marathon. You can do it!

 
At October 08, 2006 11:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

gorgeous!!

oh, and i had a MASSIVE crush on devon sawa and JTT when I was a kiddo! You never even hear about them anymore!

 
At October 12, 2006 12:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool double knit mitts! That's quite clever. Thanks for the nice fall photos, still 85 here!

 
At October 22, 2006 10:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

mmmm...i just saw that yummy apple butter and hope you'll save some for me for when im home in december...the pictures are beautiful too...cant wait to see you guys

 

Post a Comment

<< Home