Friday, September 29, 2006

So Tatjana over at Crafty Fox is having a contest called "Remember When I Loved _________?" The gist of it is to post a funny, embarassing, or just hot celebrity crush you've had in your past. And while I've had plenty of embarassing crushes (ahem...Corey Haim AND Corey Feldman...ahem), I decided to go for one that is not too bad (I hope): Mr. River Phoenix, oh yeah. I think my best friend in elementary school actually had this poster on her wall and we would fight over who got to be his "girlfriend", bwa ha ha. I particularly love this tres sexy armpit shot:But can anyone deny his complete adorable-ness in Stand By Me?
Man, how awesome is that movie? It had the cutest cast ever (especially if you are like 12 years old) and the best scene ever...remember, the "total barf-o-rama"? My dad and I STILL love to joke about that scene. I think I need to get this on DVD. Well this was a fun post, hopefully I can live it down eventually ;-b
Have a great weekend everyone!

7 Comments:

At September 30, 2006 5:06 AM, Blogger Opal said...

My most embarrassing crush was my Duran Duran phase. I won't even mention how old I was because that so dates me. *grin* River Phoenix is positively hip compared to them!

 
At September 30, 2006 6:32 AM, Blogger Jeanne said...

I'm a bit older - my crush in grade school was Donny Osmond. I remember being so mad when my brother drew a mustache on my poster!

 
At September 30, 2006 1:17 PM, Blogger Knittinreed said...

Pretty cute!
I had it bad for Herman? (was that his name? Maybe it was Peter Noone? from Herman and the Hermits. I know I am getting old now since I can't even remember!

 
At September 30, 2006 11:09 PM, Blogger Mary, Mary... said...

I made my mom take me to see Richard Gere in 'Bent' on Broadway when I was around 17. Forget the subject matter(WWII/Gays in Germany), I just wanted to ogle his bod. Oh gosh, I just remembered freeze-framing my dad's laser disc to swoon over Michael York in The 3 Musketeers.Yipes! I need a drink.

 
At October 01, 2006 10:41 AM, Blogger Emma said...

My crush was Mackenzie Astin. I had his fan video and everything!

River Phoenix is a good choice. We were just talking about hime the other day and how tragic his untimely death was. I would have loved to have seen how his career evolved.

 
At October 03, 2006 1:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You already know: I had a massive crush on the strong silent type in Sholay. For years and years. My dorm room was full of his posters and my roommate developed a lifelong hatred of him because of that.

 
At October 03, 2006 3:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had a total crush on River Phoenix as well, what an amazing guy he was - and I was absolutely devastated when he died, more so because I didn't have an idea before that he ever used drugs! What a shame, and such a waste of a young, promising life!
My most embarrassing celebrity crush must have been Slash of Guns n' Roses - oy! Oy!!! ;( Or Dave Pirner of Soul Asylum....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home