Sunday, September 03, 2006

Ohhh...my aching legs! The reason?
Mt. Katahdin...5,200 feet of steep, rocky goodness, as you can see in my photo of the trail, below:
The famous sign at the top, northern terminus of the Appalachian Trail:
We hiked this on Friday and I am still SO sore today (Sunday)! I wanted to go hiking again today, but I really don't think I would get very far! Plus G. is coming down with one of those infamous summer/fall colds that everyone seems to be getting, so he is out of commission today. Oh well, I guess that means I'll have to sit on the porch and knit all day! Boo hoo :b
I am almost done my Trellis cardigan, I just need to sew the buttons on. So stay tuned for the final photo within the next couple days.

Enjoy the rest of the holiday weekend!

Labels:

8 Comments:

At September 03, 2006 3:26 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Gorgeous photos!!

Enjoy your knitting and hope G feels better. I had that cold earlier this week and it passed in a day and a half.

 
At September 03, 2006 3:44 PM, Blogger Opal said...

Beautiful scenery! I admire your hiking stamina. Be proud of your accomplishments!

 
At September 03, 2006 4:02 PM, Blogger Emma said...

Wow, amazing photos! Looks like a great trip.

 
At September 03, 2006 5:10 PM, Blogger tatjana said...

Wow, you rock! That prolly would have killed me ;) The pics are great, really beautiful!

 
At September 03, 2006 6:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice pictures! Looks like you guys had some beautiful weather for a beautiful hike. Is this the first time you guys were back there since hiking the AT?

 
At September 04, 2006 8:05 AM, Blogger Jeanne said...

Beautiful photos! Very impressive that you hiked it (since I spent the weekend knitting and being slothlike). Hope G feels better soon!

 
At September 05, 2006 12:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow that's gorgeous!!

 
At September 08, 2006 3:49 AM, Blogger ICJ said...

My goodness, it is gorgeous! We need to do that sometimes!

Isabelle aka Tricotine

 

Post a Comment

<< Home