Friday, August 25, 2006

So...it's August 25th and we have...(insert sinister music here) a FROST ADVISORY tonight. Un-frickin-believable. The temperature hasn't gotten above 70 degrees in the last few days either. I know I live pretty far north, but this is ridiculous, even for here.

Well, I think I'd still take this weather over hot and humid stuff any day. I guess I'll bring in my plants tonight just in case. We've finally started harvesting our tomatoes and I definitely want to keep doing so through September. I'm glad I plant them in pots so I can move them inside when needed!These are the Sungold cherry tomatoes I started from seed back in March and they are sooo sweet. I plan on growing these again next year.

Knitting hodge-podge:
The very perceptive Ms. Mary, Mary guesses correctly...this was indeed the start of a pair of Red Sox. Of course during the horrifying Yankees series I didn't really have the heart to work on them, but now that they've actually won a couple maybe I'll pick 'em up again, we'll see.

More excitingly (ha), I've made it to skein #2 (of 3) of yarn for the Flirty Ruffles shawl!
I'm starting on the section where it ends the print o' the wave pattern and starts on the bottom triangle-y pattern before the ruffles. But still, I think based on my average time per very loonnnggg row I've got a good 25 to 30 hours of work left on this!

The only other interesting happening is that I recieved the fall Rowan. I wasn't completely blown away but it wasn't too bad either...I think my favorite thing was Dew and I also like the knee-high socks. Also thought it was kinda funny that both Rowan and VK had a section on knitting in gray colors.

Hope you all have a great weekend!

Labels: ,

12 Comments:

At August 26, 2006 12:27 AM, Blogger Opal said...

It looks like you're ahead of me on the Flirty Ruffles! Way to go :-) It looks lovely in that colour.

I'm curious to see if you actually get any frost. Very strange.

 
At August 26, 2006 1:09 PM, Blogger Emma said...

Ooh, so jealous of you and your frost advisory! It's still blasting hot here:(

 
At August 26, 2006 1:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the tomatoes! I have been wanting to grow some coriander and a couple of vegetables myself, given that everyone in teh Bay area is ga ga about the weather, but haven't had the nerve yet. Yours look good enough to eat!

So Rowan has decided to do the Carrie-Bradshaw-size-0-meets-Elizabethan-MmeTussauds, have they? That Dew sweater also looks a lot like one of the WhiteliesDesigns sweaters, Bella.

Way to go on Flirty Ruffles! You'll be done sooner than you know it.

 
At August 26, 2006 3:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Lobstah! Your Flirty Ruffles is looking great. That is such a pretty pattern.
Glad to hear you can protect the tomatos from Old Man Frost. It would be a shame to have their sweetness cut short.

 
At August 27, 2006 8:13 AM, Blogger Jeanne said...

I can't believe you have frost already! Although this morning, its very fall-like here - cool and just has the fall feeling.

I love Flirty Ruffles - its beautiful!

 
At August 27, 2006 2:49 PM, Blogger Knittinreed said...

Your tomatoes look luscious!!! And could you please send some of your frost our way? We have now had over forty days of 100+ degree days. A drop or two of rain would also be welcome.

Flirty looks great - nice to get to that next skein!!

 
At August 28, 2006 4:34 PM, Blogger Brahdelt said...

Your tomatoes look yummy! I'm planning to plant some next year on my mother's plot of land, too. I'd love to have a big vegetable garden next to the house (first I would have to have a house ^^).

 
At August 28, 2006 5:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll trade you, it was supposed to be a high of 79 here today and it's 87. I want fall!

 
At August 28, 2006 11:34 PM, Blogger Zonda said...

EEK! Frost advisory!! I need to send you our hot weather! :) Sock and flirty ruffles are looking good!

 
At August 29, 2006 3:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your weather seems to be the same as here right now - but I agree with you, I'd take this anytime over the extreme heat we had this summer. And it's perfect knitting weather as you're proving with the progress you made - fantastic! I totally love your shawl, it's coming along so nice and will be a real beauty once it's finished!

 
At August 29, 2006 9:19 PM, Blogger Mary, Mary... said...

Yeah, that series w/Yankees ranked pretty high on the cringe meter. Flirty Ruffles looks amazing. Are you going to take a groovy Stevie Nicks pic modeling it when you're done?(Crank out Dew, get some lace-up boots and you're there!)

 
At August 30, 2006 1:47 AM, Blogger JustApril said...

Frost?! WHU'? I'm with Emma, JEALOUS! At least it cooled a BIT, it's not 100 anymore and it rained! shocker

I love the sock, so FUN and the lace is going so well! I'm trying for some Fall Garden tomatoes and watermelons. We'll see how THAT goes! ha

 

Post a Comment

<< Home