Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Hey everyone, I've made it back safe and sound! Thanks for all the cool comments about my lace. I really need to get back working on it, since I'm probably only about a quarter of the way through! I don't think I'm going to get it done by Labor Day, but that's OK.

We had a really fun visit out to Colorado. When we got to the Denver airport, I had my first-ever encounter with an actual famous person: Shaun White! I stood right next to him on the train that ran between the airport terminals. Here he is with G's cousin:Sorry for the small size of the photo...I feel a little bad that I didn't ask G's cousin if it was OK to put this on the blog, so I didn't want to put some huge photo of him here. I don't think you could mistake that hair for anyone else's anyway!

Here are a few other photos from the weekend:
Aspen trees on Lost Lake

Columbines (Colorado state flower)
Roasting marshmallows

Deepening dusk
Field near a marble quarry--there were huge pieces of marble abandoned all over the place!

As for knitting, I was planning to finish up my second Germany sock on the flight back. Unfortunately when I took out the project, my loose needle went flying and landed between my seat (by the window) and the wall of the plane! There was no way I could actually reach down and get it due to the cramped economy class seat, and I wasn't about to ask everyone else in my row to get up so I could retrieve it. So I still have about 2 inches left to knit on it, but I think I'll be done within a day or two.

That's it for now, hopefully some knitting photos next time!

Labels:

12 Comments:

At July 19, 2006 12:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, looks like a great trip! and shaun white?! I love shaun white!! how fantastic! :D

 
At July 19, 2006 3:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It seems you had such a fantastic time at your trip, how great! And wow, meeting Shaun must have been such a cool surprise! Thanks for sharing all those pics, I enjoyed having a look at them! And - glad to have you back safely!

 
At July 19, 2006 4:04 AM, Blogger Kim said...

I hope you got your needle back eventually.. I'd have been so frustrated! But.. knowing me I probably would have done everything possible to try and get it back.. lol.

I went to CO with my dad years ago and he was soooo obsessed with thoes aspen trees.. I didn't get it then.. and er.. I don't get it now.. lol. But your picture reminded me.

Glad you're back : )

 
At July 19, 2006 10:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great trip. Colorado is so beautiful! Lovely pictures! Shaun White, how cool! He seems like he would be such a nice guy.
You're the second blog I've read this morning who lost a DPN on a trip. Perhaps the choice for socks while traveling is two circ.s or magic loop! Hope you got your needle back.

 
At July 19, 2006 12:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like a nice trip, I love that picture with the aspen trees. glad you arrived home safely.

 
At July 19, 2006 4:25 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Beautiful pics!! Looks like fun.. we are counting the days until our waycation wisit. Can't wait!

 
At July 19, 2006 7:33 PM, Blogger Jeanne said...

Beautiful pictures, and it looks like you had a great time. Sorry to hear about the needle problem on the plane - I would have lost my mind and squirmed for hours trying to reach it!

 
At July 19, 2006 9:08 PM, Blogger Casa Pearl said...

Great pictures from your vacation. Glad you had a good time and had a "celebrity" moment!

 
At July 20, 2006 10:08 AM, Blogger tatjana said...

oh! that looks like such a lovely holiday! i'm glad you had a good time :) and that Shaun White kid! being very non-sport i ahd no idea who he was...now i'm impressed lol.

 
At July 21, 2006 3:58 PM, Blogger Knittinreed said...

Great photos. It looks like a lovely trip and what a perk to meet Shaun White!!! Too cool!
Did you ever get your needle back?

 
At July 21, 2006 8:09 PM, Blogger lobstah said...

I did get the needle back but not until we had landed and were getting off.

 
At July 23, 2006 1:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How lovely! Colorado is gorgeous, isn't it? Did you go to Estes Park? Love the socks and the lace photo, btw (am on a lousy connection so am saying that here).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home