Thursday, June 15, 2006

World Cup Special

In honor of the World Cup (which I'm mostly clueless about...but hey, I'm getting in the spirit), I started knitting some socks in Regia Nation Color yarn:
Deutsche Socken!

OK, I admit I'm also knitting them because I thought they'd make my sister laugh :) Did it work??

The atmospheric conditions today must have been just right for making some crazy jet contrails:

The first one arched across the whole sky and was just HUGE! Yeah, I take pictures of weird things!
That's it for now...still cruising along on Flirty Ruffles and nearing the end of another kitty blanket, but nothing to show photos of. *snooze* Oh yeah, and still no hot water at the laundromat! At least there's still a few months before we really need the slippers.

Labels:

5 Comments:

At June 16, 2006 5:18 AM, Blogger Jeanne said...

Nice socks, and beautiful pictures - the sky is so blue!

 
At June 17, 2006 6:23 AM, Blogger Casa Pearl said...

Your flirty ruffles is just gorgeous and I love that sock! Sure to chase away the winter blues when they are worn. Enjoy the warm weather this weekend - finally!!!

 
At June 17, 2006 8:53 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

Hee hee!! They definitely made me laugh. They also reminded me a little of those red and gold socks you insisted on wearing everyday for several months when you were 5 or 6 years old. :-P

 
At June 17, 2006 9:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, these socks are coming along so fine, nice colors indeed! And I love your sky-pics, great!

 
At June 18, 2006 9:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

He-he, I'm chuckling over the socks. My DH & DS are obsessivly watching the World Cup. Maybe I should get some of that yarn and knit some socks for them.

I love the flirty ruffles. Beautiful! Lace knitting can be pretty addictive.

Thanks for your comment on my socks and colors.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home