Sunday, June 04, 2006

Introducing: Wrap Cardi

Looky, looky:I finished the Rebecca Wrap Cardi and I think it came out great. It fits well and I like the way it looks on me, too! Yay! Here's more of a side view:Project Notes: "Wrap Sweater with Eyelets" from Rebecca Magazine #29. Knitted using GGH Soft Kid yarn, color #57 on 4.5 mm needles. As suggested by many others, I picked up and knit the ties (rather than knitting separately and sewing them on), and I also crocheted around the neckline rather than knitting.

The pattern was slightly challenging, mostly due to the directions being a bit on the basic side. The pattern assumes that you are have some knitting knowledge and ability to interpret a bit. With a little bit of patience, though, almost anyone should be able to figure it out. As for the yarn, oh my gosh YUM! I LOVE this stuff and I hope to use it again. So light and fluffy! The mohair makes it a bit "sticky", so tinking or frogging can be a pain. On the positive side, if you drop a stitch it ain't going nowhere!

In other news, I received some awesome goodies from the lovely and talented Jennifer of PieKnits, as a prize in her "new blog" contest. Check it out:Some heavenly navy blue Classic Elite Alpaca yarn (so soft), a yummy scented candle, a gorgeous journal with hand-made paper, and the cutest point protecters in sock shapes! Thank you so much! :D

I must also draw your attention to the gorgeous wood in the background of the above photo. It's a coffee table that G. has been working on for months and he just finished:I wish you all could see it in person, as this picture doesn't show how beautiful it is. It's made from solid maple and has the most lovely grain I've ever seen. Truly a piece of art!

Labels:

10 Comments:

At June 04, 2006 5:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeay, glad you got the package ok. :) The wrap cardi is just beauuutiful! What a great color, it looks so light and delicate.
And that table is absolutely gorgeous! I love the style. G. is Very talented

 
At June 05, 2006 4:51 AM, Blogger Opal said...

I'm so happy for you! You won stuff! :-D

I adore the Warp Cardi and Im hoping to make one of my own. So I'm working on it in my head while I use a Knitty pattern to guide me.

Where did you get your pattern?

 
At June 05, 2006 5:59 AM, Blogger Jeanne said...

The wrap cardi is beautiful; I'll have to check out the pattern. Love the table too!

 
At June 05, 2006 10:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally love your cardi, it's turned out so beautiful and fits you perfectly! Fantastic job, congrats!!
G. really did this coffee table all by himself? Gosh, this is one of the most beautiful ones I've ever seen, seriously. I'm looking for a table of that size for ages, but never came across anything that I really liked - but if I would have seen this one, I'd have bought it right away! Absolutely beautiful!

 
At June 05, 2006 3:17 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Wow!! The table and the wrap... you guys need to start selling all this stuff. Actually, give it to your wonderful sister ;-)

Can't wait to see what's next.

 
At June 06, 2006 7:57 PM, Blogger Casa Pearl said...

Wow that's a gorgeous sweater. It will be a while before I attempt something so delicate. And you coffee table is fantastic.

 
At June 07, 2006 9:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"don't mean no disrespect, but that cardi sho is sexy!" ;)

hehehe, i woke up extra early so i (could move myself..hopefully he's still sleeping!)

it looks great!

 
At June 08, 2006 9:31 AM, Blogger Knittinreed said...

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a message. We looked so young (even though we really weren't!)

Your cardi wrap looks fabulous! Lovely delicate pattern, perfect fit ~ well done!
And then there are the seedings and cherry pie as well. You will not only look great in your creation, but eat well too.

The table is an exquisite work of art. How lovely to have a creative spouse. Congratulations on you and your DH's projects.

 
At June 08, 2006 9:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Your Wrap Cardi came out amazing. Great fit and perfect color choice. Nice work! I can't believe G made that table, either. You guys are a crafty bunch!

 
At June 20, 2006 8:10 PM, Blogger Angela said...

Cute, cute, cute! What should we knit next? The table is stunning but I've always had a weakness for the shiny, dark and handsome woods.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home