Wednesday, June 21, 2006

First Day of Summer

And boy did we have a honey of a day:Mid 70's, no humidity, lovely breeze...ahh! We don't get many days like these!

Of course I had to work all day. At least my office has a window that I can open and look at the lake and somewhat enjoy the weather!

I've turned the heel on the first World Cup sock:
Germany won again and I'm pretty sure it's because I'm knitting these socks! I better make the project last until the end of the tournament (or until they lose) so I don't ruin the streak. Ha ha, can you tell I'm a total superstitous Red Sox fan??

I've got my kitty blankets all wrapped up and ready to ship, so I decided to swatch for a new project:
This is to make the Trellis cardigan for our neighbor's son. His 1st birthday is in September and our neighbors have become rather dear friends to us, so I thought it would be nice to knit them something. I should have it done in plenty of time. And miracle of miracles, I actually got gauge on the first try! I'm using Rowan All-Seasons Cotton from the stash in an off-white.

Happy summer and enjoy the long days while we have them! :)

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

At June 22, 2006 5:05 AM, Blogger Jeanne said...

Beautiful summer picture - I want to be there!

 
At June 22, 2006 11:33 AM, Blogger Casa Pearl said...

Wasn't it an amazing day? We had great weather down here too. Congrats on getting guage the first try! Your Germany sock is looking great.

 
At June 22, 2006 5:18 PM, Blogger tatjana said...

Haha. The socks are awesome. Actually when I first saw them the black looked blue to me and I thought Wow! Ecuador socks! My mom is from there, so I've been annoying everyone here by rooting for them instead :D

 
At June 23, 2006 7:00 AM, Blogger Opal said...

I can't wait to see how the Trellis sweater turns out. It's so itty bitty! Lovely summer pictures. I wonder what your UV factors are like compared to Honolulu. Go Germany!

 
At June 23, 2006 10:01 PM, Blogger Zonda said...

Oh...lovely sea pictures..I so want to be back there! Nice job on the sock! Yay you for gauge first try!!

 
At June 24, 2006 4:09 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

Great picture and nice sock! I love those kind of clear days when the temperature is perfect and its just so sad when the sun goes down because there aren't too many like them.

 
At June 28, 2006 2:09 PM, Blogger Knittinreed said...

What a beautiful day! Thanks for sharing that with us - and with me here in the Texas heat. No water here!
Great looking sock!

 
At June 28, 2006 6:05 PM, Blogger Emma said...

Looks like a beautiful day. And your swatch is so gorgeous, I can't even imagine how pretty the finished product will be!

 
At June 28, 2006 6:17 PM, Blogger Mary, Mary... said...

I wanted to do World Cup socks but in Brazil's colors--hey, wait, my dye-o-rama yarn is perfect--can't believe that France won yesterday. I love the skates--pompoms are a must. Maybe I'll dig mine up, strap on a few pillows and give it a try. The cable swatch looks great.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home