Saturday, June 10, 2006

Bits 'n' Pieces

I've made it through chart 2 of the Flirty Ruffles Pattern, and I must say that it's coming out better than I was expecting (based on my swatching experience):
So far, so good, though I suppose the potential for disaster may increase as the rows get longer. One thing's for sure, I can't work on this unless my full attention is devoted to it. I'm also finding that once I pick it up it's like eating potato chips--I always have to do "just one more row."

I made a couple of swatches using the some yarn from the gigantic Bartlett stash my neighbor gave me:
I want to make felted slippers for me and G with the yarn. Tuesday morning I got up bright and early to go to the laundromat and try to felt them.
But, no hot water. Gah! After the machine filled with water I stuck my hand in to check the temp and it was pretty much ice cold, even though I had set it on hot. Total rip-off. I think the swatches are actually larger now than when I started! I'm going back tomorrow to try again. I know there is hot water (at least some of the time) because I re-felted my Kitty Pi the other week and it came out fine. Grrr...I really need my own washing machine...I hate the laundromat!

Lastly, I finished up kitty blanket #2 for the Critter Charity Drive:
G has dubbed this the "Raspberry Swirl" blanket.

Hope you all have a great weekend!

Labels:

8 Comments:

At June 10, 2006 5:30 PM, Blogger Jeanne said...

The flirty ruffles is coming along so nicely!

 
At June 12, 2006 12:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blogger ate my comment, so I'll try again :) The Flirty Ruffles is looking so great already, this is going to be a real beauty! And the Bartlett yarn seems to knit up so nicely - I sure hope the felting will work with your next try!
Love the Kitty Blanket too - "Raspberry Swirl" is certainly the perfect name for it! Great projects that you've been/are doing, I'm honestly amazed at how productive you are!

 
At June 12, 2006 9:46 AM, Blogger tatjana said...

Your shawl looks awesome! Isn't it nice when stuff turns out easier than you thought? :D

 
At June 12, 2006 10:36 AM, Blogger JustApril said...

Laundromats get on my nerves.

Way to go on flirty ruffles! I can't see the pics but I'm glad it's going so well. (my comp is messed up, I'm pretty sure)

Hope ya find some hot water in a washing machine soon =)

 
At June 12, 2006 3:01 PM, Blogger Knittinreed said...

Ooooooooh. Flirty Ruffles looks lovely. And hopefully hot water will appear in the next washer... here's crossed fingers for you.

 
At June 15, 2006 1:46 PM, Blogger Opal said...

Oooh! Flirty Ruffles. *drool* The Bartlett is pretty tootin' cool too.

 
At June 17, 2006 7:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey the Flirty Ruffles is looking great! I admire you for tackling black lace in the summer. Mine has pretty much stayed wrapped up the last couple of months.

Felting is the only reason to get your own washing machine. Seriously!

Re. the Jay/Veeru song in Sholay (to continue our conversation across blogs), a gay rights activist in India submitted the film to a LGBT film festival with this song as a showcase, and it caused quite a controversy sometime ago. I don't think it had any gay overtones, but lots of people do think that it does!

 
At June 20, 2006 8:08 PM, Blogger Angela said...

Love your Flirty Ruffles - I need to pick mine up again, I've been distracted. Great shot with the roller skates as well!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home