Friday, May 26, 2006

What Is It?

It's a Kitty Blanket! I'm working on this for Knit Knack's Critter Charity Drive. It couldn't have come at a more opportune time...my stash is suddenly exploding due to my neighbor cleaning out her attic and giving me two shopping bags full of Bartlett Yarn 2-ply Fisherman. Which is a yarn I love, but what the heck am I going to do with that much of it?? As I was looking at the yarn piled all over the floor, I noticed these four skeins of TLC Amore that I was thinking would be nice as an afghan. But I must face facts and admit that I'm never going to actually get around to knitting said afghan. This seems like the perfect way to use it. I am knitting it in brioche stitch and it is so nice and lofty and velvety soft. I'm going to finish this one and run it through a wash and dry cycle to make sure it will stand up to shelter use. If it's OK I have enough to make three more blankets.

I also have a Kitty Pi that I made a couple years ago when I first started knitting, but that I could never get fully felted. I brought it to the laundromat last night and I think I actually managed to felt it properly!

Plus I have scads of yarn leftovers that I can convert into catnip mice and other toys.

So go check out Knit Knack's page...there's lots of fun prizes and best of all you'll be helping all those poor little critters who are waiting for a home!


What about this poor little critter:
"Thank goodness these fools finally obeyed me and opened the windows! Sheesh!"

4 Comments:

At May 27, 2006 3:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's cool that you're helping out all those homeless kitties! Q looks like he's plotting something from his stance at the window. Hey, I saw you won some pretty yarn from Pieknits... congrats!

 
At May 28, 2006 8:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What an awesome blanket - and yay for your neighbour for cleaning out her attic! Thanks so much for sharing the link to Knit Knacks page, I'll go have a look through that page right now! And gosh, I love your little cutie, such a great pic of him!

 
At May 28, 2006 12:39 PM, Blogger Mary, Mary... said...

Good for you!
I'm looking into smocking for a 'Bonnie&Clyde' sweater made with Euroflax linen. DH saw pic and said,'what's so hot about that? Me: Just look at that sweater, it's incredible! Much rolling of eyes...
checking out Knit knacks now.

 
At May 30, 2006 8:52 PM, Blogger Casa Pearl said...

How nice to be knitting for such a good cause and I love the color too. Keep up the great work and I loved the photo of your kitty!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home