Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Well, this summer should be quite an adventure now that I've joined The Amazing Lace KAL. My "teammate" is going to be the lovely Flirty Ruffles Shawl. I ordered the kit today and I will be making it in plain ol' black...I know, kind of boring but I think it will be more versatile and wearable in black. Also, hopefully the black will cut down on the cuteness factor of the ruffles. I plan to work on some other projects this summer in addition to the shawl (you won't have to see endless pictures of slowly-growing black lace), plus I need to get cracking on that Rebecca wrap cardi that I temporarily abandoned.

Right now I'm listening to the stupid Yankees beating the Sox and the evil Yankees crowd. They always sound so ominous to me...why is that? It's like there's a creepy echo in that stadium or something. Oh well, at least I got to enjoy the glory of last night's rout. I was psyched during tonight's radio broadcast of the game. They have a "Today in Red Sox History" feature, and tonight's was the May 10, 1999 game against the Mariners where Nomar got two grand slams and a two-run homer on top of that--I was at that game! I was a witness to history! Darn it, I AM somebody! :D Of course that was back when you could easily get tickets to a game (the stadium was only about half-full that day) and when the Sox played some teams besides the Yankees and random interleague matchings. I can't stand the new schedules...you get a bit sick of seeing the Yankees ALL THE TIME. But I guess it's all about money and ratings. Blech.

We had a gorgeous sunset here last night. Of course it was even better in person but my meager photography skills will have to do. So I had this weird dream, well more like a nightmare, last night...I got my hair cut and the front was this really bad bowl cut and the back was a mullet! I spent the rest of the dream trying to put the mullet into a ponytail in an unsuccessful attempt to make it look better. Any dream interpreters out there? I have an appointment to get my hair cut this Saturday...do you think I should be worried?

Maybe I shouldn't dwell on this one too much...

11 Comments:

At May 11, 2006 5:10 AM, Blogger Jeanne said...

The shawl pattern is beautiful; I can't wait to see it knit up. Hope your hair appointment goes well!

 
At May 11, 2006 2:58 PM, Blogger Mary, Mary... said...

My theory is all dreams boil down to one thing: SEX. Black lace shawl--you're a brave woman!Yankee fans are vicious--particularly on hot summer afternoons.

 
At May 11, 2006 4:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

your post had me in stitches (ha ha)! I think you take the dream seriously and be very cautious at the hair salon, although a mullet might not be a bad look. Worry free and you don't lose the length! Anyway, you have lots of fun projects starting. you're not getting second sock syndrome, though, are you?

 
At May 12, 2006 12:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hehe, I love dream interpretation! Apparently you're never supposed to take things too literally, which is good, since I have the wierdest, craziest dreams...like once I had a dream that a guy was blown up and his severed leg (eww) stuck to my leg, and I went around the whole dream so horrified by my man-leg...yeah, WIERD.

good luck with the shawl!

 
At May 12, 2006 1:55 PM, Blogger Opal said...

I love that shawl. It's on my "to do" list. Of course that list has about 40 shawls on it. Yes, it does.

What a gorgeous sunset picture. I've always wanted to visit Maine. Wanna trade places for a bit? I live in Hawai'i!!

 
At May 12, 2006 2:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahaha! I'm trying to think of what that hairdo would really look like.
And don't worry, black lace is good. what yarn will you be using?
what a lovely picture, too.

 
At May 12, 2006 7:14 PM, Blogger Brahdelt said...

Don't worry about the hair appointment - it'll be fine! Dreams like that usually mean the opposite to what they show. ^^
Good luck about the lace shawl, black is classic.

 
At May 14, 2006 1:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gosh, the shawl pattern is amazing, I'm so looking forward to seeing your progress pics when you're making it!
Thanks for sharing this beautiful pic, what an extra special atmosphere!
And hey, good luck with your hair appointment! :)

 
At May 14, 2006 11:21 AM, Blogger Knittinreed said...

Love the shawl - and your sunset picture is lovley.

So, how did the hair turn out???
We are all anxoiusly awaiting the report....

 
At May 15, 2006 10:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm. Your Amazing Lace teammate looks like it could eat mine for breakfast. I'm sure your finished object will be gorgeous.

And talk to me about bad haircut stress. I only get my hair cut like, twice a year to avoid the possibility of a bad haircut.

 
At May 21, 2006 9:49 PM, Blogger Rebecca said...

I have a temporarily-abandoned Rebecca wrap cardi too.... now you're making me feel guilty for leaving it ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home