Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Made it home on Sunday afternoon and I'm still tired...though finally starting to feel a bit more normal today. Thankfully not too much work piled up while I was gone which helps a lot (thanks co-workers!).

Vacation was awesome. I have a bunch of pictures that I'm working on organizing and uploading so hopefully I can post a few of them and put the rest in Flikr for those who are interested.

Not much knitting was done. Here's a picture of what all that was accomplished over the last two weeks:

This is the cuff and first couple inches of the shell pattern sock from Knitting Vintage Socks by Nancy Bush (I think?). This was done only on the plane ride home and then the drive up to Maine. Really cool pattern so far. It was funny when I finally starting knitting and I got the beginnings of a blister on my finger! So I guess I was out of knitting shape.

Not much else to write at the moment. Between catching up at work and trying to clean up the house (which was left in a disastrous state), I'm not quite back in the swing of things. The gloomy weather here isn't helping much either!

Labels:

7 Comments:

At April 25, 2006 9:16 AM, Blogger Emma said...

I really want to try that pattern too. Yours are looking great.

 
At April 25, 2006 10:07 AM, Blogger Prachi said...

Ooh, lovely colour and pattern! I really need to get that book. Looking forward to hearing about your vacation and good to have you posting again.

 
At April 25, 2006 10:34 AM, Blogger Brahdelt said...

Glad you're back, I hope you had a lovely time! I'm sending you lots of sunshine from Poland (it's a very hot and sunny day today), and looking forward to that socks - the beginning looks rather intriguing! ^^

 
At April 25, 2006 11:24 AM, Blogger Mary, Mary... said...

Welcome back! Can't wait to see vacation pix and hear all the gory details.

 
At April 25, 2006 1:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay, you're back! Hope you had an amazing time in Europe. It must have been so good to see your sister! I can't wait to see some pictures. Good thing you got the new camera! The socks are looking awesome. I've got that pattern on my list of socks to make. Glad you're enjoying it so far. I love "Knitting Vintage Socks." Such a great book.

 
At April 26, 2006 5:09 AM, Blogger Jeanne said...

Nice sock - love the color! Glad you had a nice vacation!

 
At April 28, 2006 8:04 AM, Blogger Casa Pearl said...

Lovely sock - I so need to get this book!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home