Monday, March 20, 2006

Wrap Cardi Begins

Thanks to everyone for your comments on Tidal Wave! Yeah, I'm feeling the love. Unfortunately, I am NOT feeling the love from the on-line shop that I ordered my extra ball of Yorkshire Tweed from...it's still not here. I suppose it's my own fault for ordering something else (ahem) that is now backordered, but can't they split the order up? Anyway, since I don't have any other projects going on (and nobody remind me of those two handbags I knitted a year ago that still need seaming and finishing), I decided to swatch for the Rebecca wrap cardi:

Mmmm...mohair goodness. I am in love with this yarn! The only problem is, how many mohair sweaters does one really need? Even so, I would like to use this yarn again in the future.

I was able to cast on Sunday and get a few rows done. Here it is, pinned out rather poorly:I think this is going to be really cute, based on other people's finished sweaters that I have seen. I love the eyelet pattern...hopefully I won't have any major malfunctions along the way!

Labels:

9 Comments:

At March 20, 2006 4:00 PM, Blogger Prachi said...

This is a beautiful pattern and it will go quickly: I knitted about half the back last year and then quit it because I was moving house... blah blah. But it was easy and fast and the finished product looked very nice on everybody's blogs. there was also a yahoo wrap-cardi group, I think. what yarn are you using? I like the little paws pattern.

 
At March 20, 2006 4:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh, I love it already. And you definitely piqued my interest with your other purchase... what's next in the knitting queue?

 
At March 20, 2006 4:20 PM, Blogger Knittinreed said...

That is a lovely pattern and looks great with the mohair.

 
At March 21, 2006 8:35 AM, Blogger lobstah said...

Desi--Yeah I think it is going to go really fast. I'm using the GGH Soft Kid, same as called for in the pattern.

Kelly--Wouldn't you like to know, bwa ha ha? Just kidding...it's just some 4-ply cotton that I'm debating between 3 or 4 patterns to use it with.

Knittinreed--It is a rocking pattern!

 
At March 21, 2006 7:05 PM, Blogger Mary, Mary... said...

Tidal Wave looks great--plus the tasteful camisole underneath. I'm a real stickler for that. Is that a cat's paw lace pattern? I'm digging up my Rebecca to check it out. Hey, where are you going in Europe? We lived in Paris for 3 years--and traipsed all over over the continent. Lemme know if you'd like some restaurant recs.

 
At March 22, 2006 10:23 AM, Blogger Jen (pieKnits) said...

Looks like a beautiful start!

 
At March 22, 2006 4:10 PM, Blogger Jenn said...

aww thank you for the sweet comment! I'm glad you liked it. :)
and yes, i agree...the Ryman is AMAZING. I just saw my first concert there a few weeks ago (David Gray) and was ridiculously happy with everything. the history of the Ryman...you can't beat it!!


as for you, that is such pretty yarn! and the eyelet pattern makes me think of kitty paws. I love it!

Jenn :)

 
At March 23, 2006 4:28 PM, Blogger JustApril said...

Very pretty! and Tidal Wave is great, too.

thanks 4 the comment =)

 
At March 24, 2006 9:59 AM, Blogger tatjana said...

this pattern is a good knit, the flower pattern keeps the stockinette from getting too boring. i made one last year in cotton, but might try another in mohair too cuz yours looks really nice so far!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home