Monday, March 13, 2006

Quiet Weekend

Inspired (or dis-inspired?) by recent political events, I took this Margaret Atwood book out of the library and read it over the weekend. I first read this book when I was about 12, which was too young to understand a lot of the finer points though certainly not too young to understand the general concepts presented. I have since read it a number of times (along with other Atwood books) and I am constantly amazed at the creativity of her works and the disturbing moral questions that she poses and leaves for the reader to decide. All served with a delightful sprinkling of black humor and infused with an engaging writing style.

Amidst the reading, I managed to finish up Cherie's arms:

Yup, another picture of big gray blobs. Boy, I bet I am just thrilling you all with the photos of this project! As I suspected, I am not going to have enough yarn to finish. Thus, another ball of this yarn is now on order, and hopefully it will be here this week.

My oxalis plant started blooming, so I had fun using the macro feature to take a picture of it. I love how this photo came out...the flower is only about a quarter-inch in diameter!

Labels:

2 Comments:

At March 15, 2006 4:28 AM, Blogger tatjana said...

oh wow! great pic! my boyfriend's dad is mad for flowers and always takes such lovely pictures...for he has a much fancier camera than mine ;) it's so nice to be able to take good close ups and little detail shots. thanks for the little bit of spring!

 
At March 15, 2006 1:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmm, I'll have to check her out! We have a couple in the store (I work at a cute used bookstore!)

ryc: cardigan? could be...possibly... hehe you'll just hafta see ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home