Friday, March 03, 2006

My New Toy!


Yes, I finally sucked it up and bought my very own digital camera! Hooray! Now I don't have to use my crummy work camera anymore...and man, this thing is a dream compared to that old thing! (ahem...I am now going to forget the statement I made back in 2003: "Film Forever!"...Yep, I'm a little slow to adapt). The camera is a Canon A610, so far it is great.

I am having a great time learning all of the fancy features on the camera. Most importantly for knit-blog purposes, we have this:

Macro mode...so you can all enjoy my uneven stitches! ;>) Until I took this picture, I didn't even notice that there are purple flecks in my tweed.

Now here is my absolute favorite part: Trippy pictures of my sleeping cat! I also took his Warol-esque portrait (or demon-cat portrait): Poor Quincy. Hopefully all this photographic razzle-dazzle has now distracted you from my (woeful lack of) knitting progress. Cherie's sleeves still look about the same as they did last time. I had made it about halfway up the cuffs when I decided that the cuff ribbing needed to be tighter than the ribbing at the bottom of the body. So I ripped out what I had done and started over. Also, Tidal Wave is on semi-hold until I decide whether I should rip back and shorten the sleeves...I probably will but I don't wanna!

Ahhh...I'm loving tonight...just me, a spring training game streaming on the computer, and some creme brulee (thanks to my neighbor who is also a trained chef)! Life is good!

4 Comments:

At March 03, 2006 8:32 PM, Blogger Mary, Mary... said...

One of the few things I miss about Florida are the spring training games and going to see them. I like the special effects! We're having tarte tatin tonight, but that creme brulee looks goooood.

 
At March 06, 2006 12:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh man! life is good for you! yum! I'm sitting here at work munching on cinnamon gum to curb my hunger!

is there photo-editing software right in your camera? trippy indeed...i think scarf girl was most definitely tripping/rolling/drunk/stoned ...she was even crazier in person!

 
At March 07, 2006 1:54 PM, Blogger JustApril said...

HORAAY for digital cameras! I really love ours. You should check out the 'sepia'setting, you can do some seriously artsy stuff with that. =)

thanks for the comment on my Picovoli, I think I'll be making bunches of them =D

 
At March 07, 2006 2:46 PM, Blogger lobstah said...

May...the effects are right in the camera! So cool!

April...I definitely love the sepia setting. I'll have to dress me and my bf in some old timey clothes and do one of those "old west" photos, hee hee. Picovoli is awesome, I think I might make one this summer!

I just noticed that I responded to "April" and "May"...any Junes out there? ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home