Friday, March 24, 2006

Friday Night Knits


An anxiously-awaited package decided to grace my doorstep a couple days ago...so I managed to finish off the pieces of Cherie and get 'em blocking.

And there was much rejoicing.

Pieces look a bit wonky, I think because the gauge varied a little bit with each ball of yarn. But I think they should go together just fine.

And what else did I get?

A bunch of 4ply cotton in color "Bloom." I'm tossed up between 3 or 4 different patterns for this...more on that in a future post.

Just for fun, I also snagged two balls of this:Rowan's new Glimmer Print yarn in color "Lavish Pink." I adore this yarn...it's so cool! I wanted to make a spring scarf with it, one that is kind of lacy and drape-y. After much swatching and ripping, I decided on this:Pretty simple, but fits the bill. Hopefully I have enough yarn to make a scarf of decent length. Each ball is only 44 yds. I so want to make a whole top out of this, but at 10 dollars a ball it would be $90-$100 for a sleeveless sweater. So we'll see...maybe I can find it cheaper or wait until it's discontinued. Not that I don't have enough projects right now anyway!

Have a happy weekend everyone!

Labels:

4 Comments:

At March 25, 2006 10:14 AM, Blogger Brahdelt said...

I love the swatch for your shawl, could you be so kind and share the pattern? Is this the elongated stitch separated by knits and purls?
"Bloom" colour is lovely, and so is "Lavish Pink" - very interesting those glimpses of gold.

 
At March 26, 2006 9:22 AM, Blogger Knittinreed said...

Yippee! I love to hear (see) when WIPs close in on the big finish. Can't wait to see the finished sweater. The color Bloom is fabulous. So springy. Also the Glimmer Print - too fun!
Thanks for your comments on my blog - we planted the pansies in October and they stay happy winter color. Our Dallas area weather is so mild in the winter and so horribly hot in the summer they will soon be gone; just as yours are beginning.
Have a great week.

 
At March 26, 2006 11:09 PM, Blogger Prachi said...

hey, looking fwd to seeing the finished Cherie. and the colour Bloom is gorgeous! are you thinking of a tank top, something lace?

 
At March 27, 2006 9:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad your yarn finally came in. It's hard being so patient. I can't wait to see Cheri all seamed together. Your's is the first I've seen outside the magazine. I'm interested to see how you like the 4-ply cotton... I've been drooling over rambling rose, but I haven't worked with 4-ply and am nervous. The glimmer print looks nice and fun, too. are you starting to count the days till Europe yet?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home