Friday, February 17, 2006

Minor FO

I finished up the Sunset Scarf last night, and just in time. I'm going down to Boston this weekend to for my friend's birthday, and this is one of her gifts. Project notes: Plain ol' garter stitch scarf knitted with one skein Lion Brand Color Waves, in color "Mai Tai." This is a really nice yarn considering it is Lion Brand and acrylic (the yarn snob in me coming out). It is quite cuddly and soft, though knitting with it is a shock to the hands after natural yarn. The colors are very interesting too, and are much softer than the picture shows.

I also finished the sleeves for Tidal Wave: See that ball of yarn on the right? That's all the yarn I have left...definitely not enough for a turtleneck! I'm going to block out the pieces tonight, and hopefully I'll find an extra ball of yarn this weekend so I can finish the sweater when I get back.

It's been a pretty boring week, so there's not much else to say! Here is a silly quiz:

You Are Lisa Simpson

A total child prodigy and super genius, you have the mind for world domination.

But you prefer world peace, Buddhism, and tofu dogs.

You will be remembered for: all your academic accomplishments

Your life philosophy: "I refuse to believe that everybody refuses to believe the truth"



Somehow it doesn't surprise me that I got this result...G frequently taunts me with "She admitted it! She's going to marry a carrot!"

Have a good weekend, everyone! :)

4 Comments:

At February 17, 2006 10:53 AM, Blogger Mary, Mary... said...

Hey Lobstah, I found you! Love the Blogthing's quiz. Cold front hit Tx--it's 45 degrees, woohoo! Great knitting weather.Makes me want some chowdah!;)

 
At February 17, 2006 11:02 PM, Blogger Knittinreed said...

Beautiful colors! And the Tidal Wave pattern is absolutely lovely.
Hmmm - I am Homer Simpson. I just may keep that to myself!

 
At February 21, 2006 10:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love those scarf colors! Secretly, my favorite colorway I've ever seen or knitted with was a skein of LB's homespun in beautiful earthy tones ;) LB isn't all bad :D

 
At February 21, 2006 2:35 PM, Blogger Kelly said...

The scarf came out really pretty. Did you find some yarn to finish Tidal Wave yet? That's going to be so nice and warm when it's done. I took your simpson's quiz, too. I'm marge!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home