Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Huge Bummer

See that bare ground in the photo? That's because we didn't get a lick of snow from the storm on Sunday. Nada, zilch, zero...not even a dusting. Blah.

I had a good time skiing this weekend, although I really stink at it. I only get to go maybe once or twice a year, so that obviously makes it hard to improve. I also really need a new pair of skis. Mine are 12 years old and are the old straight kind, and they're a bit too long for me, too. Which was fine in high school when I went skiing more (and wasn't as wimpy), but I think the new shaped skis will give me an edge (sorry, bad pun)! I'm gonna try to go skiing at Sugarloaf in March--if you go on a Wednesday, it's only $26 for Maine residents. Then I could demo skis and see which ones I like, though I'll have to wait until this summer to buy them. I am praying we get some snow soon, too. Trail conditions weren't all that great--lots of ice and man-made snow.

On to the knitting news...I put the zipper into the wallet thingie, so that's all done:

I am also plugging away at the Tidal Wave Pullover. The front is now done and I am working on the sleeves:

As you can see, I decided to work both sleeves at the same time, and I am so glad I did! Much easier than worrying if the second sleeve will match! The only problem now, is that I'm 99% sure I'm going to run out of yarn before I'm done. I should be able to get the sleeves done, but there is a turtleneck collar that needs to be knitted on at the end. I'll have to see if I can scrounge up another ball, though I doubt I'll be able to find the same dye lot, since I orginally bought this yarn over a year ago. Let's hope that the variegated nature of this yarn hides the differing dye lots!

Labels:

1 Comments:

At February 14, 2006 11:41 AM, Blogger Kelly said...

Hey Chris,
The sweater is lookin' good. Bummer about the lack of snow and about the possible lack of yarn. I don't think think the different die lots will be as noticeable because it will only be with the turtleneck. If you were switching mid-front I would think differently, but with the turtleneck I think you're fine.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home