Thursday, February 09, 2006

Ho-Hum...

I think the winter doldrums have set in. And they're especially bad this year due to the lack of snow. Blah....

Not much exciting going on in the knitting realm. I (sadly) had to frog the seed-stitch beret. It came out looking like a shower cap! My gauge was fine, so I'm going to blame it on the pattern. The picture that was with the pattern was really cute, but mine looked nothing like it. I think I'm gonna give up on knit headwear for a while...too many troubles with them lately.

I started something that should not cause any problems whatsoever...a garter stitch scarf using the Lion Brand Color Waves yarn:

I am calling it the Sunset Scarf because the colors look like the sunset (duh). I will give this to my friend for her birthday, along with the Jimi Hendrix spiral scarf I made last month. As dull as garter stitch is, I have to say that it's good to know even I can't screw it up!

I also made a little wallet/pouch thingy for G. He is seriously the pickiest person when it comes to buying anything. This is probably a good thing, because he doesn't buy tons of crap. But still, it is a bit frustrating when we are standing in front of a display of 20 different styles of wallets and he doesn't like any of them! He looked at them and tried them out for about 15 minutes, too.

He likes the fair isle pouch, though. Here is a picture of it, it just needs the zipper put in:

Quincy seems to approve, too! As for the Tidal Wave pullover, I finished the back and have completed about one-third of the front. I can't get Blogger to upload the picture right now. Just picture a big blue blob and you'll have the idea.

I am supposed to go skiing at Sunday River this weekend, on me and my friend L's annual ski trip. Hopefully the conditions will be decent and temps not too cold. "Only" 95 out of 128 trails are open, but I think that will be more than enough to keep us busy!


2 Comments:

At February 12, 2006 11:09 AM, Blogger Kelly said...

Hey Chris,
Well, you got your wish - lots of snow. Hopefully you had a good time skiing this weekend. I love the fair isle pouch! What a great stash reducer, too.

 
At February 12, 2006 3:05 PM, Blogger Prachi said...

i came to ask the same question as the last commenter: did you get snow and feel better? I hate snow and the cold, but it's looking pretty from my warm bedroom!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home