Friday, February 03, 2006

Goodies!

It's been a busy week at the post office here in Lobstah-land!
Lookee here:

Guidebooks for our BIG TRIP TO EUROPE this April!!! Woo hoo! Can you tell I'm excited? I started reading them last night. G and I have already been in hysterics at the books. So far we have determined that "you should not consume only beer and soft pretzels" during your vacation, or you might end up in the "krankenwagen" (make sure you say it in a silly German accent). Bwa ha ha...we're going to be the rude Americans...but hey, we make fun of Americans too. We're equal opportunity snarkers.

I also received the yarn I ordered last week, hooray! Kelly gets a big gold star for guessing what I was going to purchase: A bunch of Yorkshire Tweed DK in dark gray to make "Cherie." I think I will start this right after "Tidal Wave" is done. I am already almost done the back on "Tidal Wave", so Cherie should be coming up shortly (famous last words).

Next up, two skeins of Jaeger Matchmaker Merino 4-Ply (superwash) in Strawberry. This is coming with me on our plane flights, and will become a pair of socks. I figure this is an ideal project for traveling because it will be very light and portable. Plus, the socks will be knit with US size 1 DPN's, so I'm pretty sure I don't have to worry about having them confiscated by the TSA.

I also picked up some GGH Soft Kid in pale blue to make the Rebecca Wrap Cardi that I've seen on a few blogs here and there (sorry about the shiny glare): As soon as I touched this yarn, I seriously almost started drooling. It is that nice...so soft and light and pretty. The yarn appears to have a "chain" construction, which must be why it is really light and springy. I hope it knits up nicely; if so I think it might become one of my favorite yarns. My favorite part of this project so far is this:Hopefully you can read that caption. Yes, the whole reason I'm knitting this cardigan is so I can meet an "exciting male" and wear it in a "super, great town." Ha, ha. In case you don't know, Rebecca is a German knitting magazine, and I'm pretty sure for the English version they just run the German text through one of those on-line translators . This reminds me of the instructions you get with cheap electronics, that have been poorly translated from Japanese. OK, it's not quite that bad, but still funny!

I also notice that I had a comment for my last post from Sam, who said: "I was wondering about the lobster reference in your title." I guess it is obvious that this blog has nothing to do with lobsters...it comes from my nickname that I got when I was hiking the Appalachian Trail. I was dubbed "Lobstah" and G was "Chowdah," because we had been living in Maine prior to hiking. We aren't even natives of Maine (we both mostly grew up in Connecticut), but somehow that's what we ended up being called. Anyway, thanks to Sam for your comment, please come back and visit :)

Well, that's all folks. Have a fun weekend. It's raining here right now and ruining the snow we got this week. I think I'm doomed never to use those nice new skis...

5 Comments:

At February 05, 2006 11:07 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

Should I be scared? You can get tickets here for being loud and silly, you know! I've gotten a couple myself already. :)

Glad to see you are looking forward to the trip. Make sure you send me your flight info soon for planning purposes.

I'll have to see if there are any good yarn shops around here where you might be able to get some souvenirs :)

 
At February 06, 2006 12:04 PM, Blogger Kelly said...

Hey Chris,
Yay! I'm glad you guys booked a flight to Europe and are finally going. It only took both your sisters moving there to get you guys across the ocean. Better late than never, though, right? You've got a bunch of great projects going. You'll have a ton of new sweaters really soon.

 
At February 08, 2006 10:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

how exciting!! :D

plane knitting is the best... I knit more than half the time on the 18 hour plane ride to malaysia this summer!

enjoy!

 
At February 08, 2006 11:55 AM, Blogger Kim said...

Oooooo.. nice yarns : ) Dare I say.. they're super great? Hehehehehee.

Hope you enjoy your trip! And thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting : )

 
At February 09, 2006 12:14 AM, Blogger JustApril said...

Wonderful Europe - I've been trying to get there for about a year, but we will do it eventually!

krankenwagen! hehehehehehe, I'll never stop saying it now, lol

 

Post a Comment

<< Home