Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Cherie Update

Cherie's back is completed:

Yep, looks like a big blob of gray. Pret-ty exciting. I decided to cast on for the arms next (much better representation of color):Both sleeves at once, to avoid the dreaded second sleeve syndrome! I am working the sleeves before the front so I can determine whether I have enough yarn to finish the sweater. The back took a little over 2.5 balls, and the front is exactly the same, so that is about 5 balls accounted for. I purchased 9 balls, which leaves only 4 for the sleeves and neckband. Hmmm...I think I really need to start buying an extra ball (though you know if I did, I would never need it).

I went to a baby shower on Saturday for my co-worker's wife. I gave her some baby clothes, and also these:Cute l'il baby socks! These are the "Better than Booties Baby Socks" from the Summer 2005 Interweave Knits (pattern is also available on-line here). I knitted these a few months ago, using Sandnes Lanett Superwash Merino (green socks) and Laines Du Nord Baby Star Merino (yellow socks). Both are very nice yarns, and the pattern was great too. They were a big hit at the shower!

The mother-to-be wasn't supposed to be due until March 18th. But when I came in to work today, I got a call letting me know that the baby was born TODAY at 2 AM! They had a baby boy, and both the baby and mother are healthy and doing fine. Hooray!

I will leave with some peaceful scenic pictures I took the other week. Look at them, and breath iiiiiinnnn and ouuuttttt....and relax...ahhh...doesn't that feel better?? ;-)

Labels:

4 Comments:

At February 28, 2006 11:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gosh, you have been busy! Cheri's coming along quickly and the baby booties are so stinking cute. Love them!

Thanks for the Rebecca mag / Germany offer. I'm definitely considering it, but I must admit I find reading Rebecca patterns daunting (I've heard some horror stories) in English, but I'm flat out scared to read them in German. I might rise to the occasion, though. At that price, it might be worth it. Thanks for the offer! I'll let you know before you go what I decide (and send $).

Are you guys thinking of coming to Beantown for the big fantasy baseball draft? It's all I've been hearing about:) They guys can pick players while we knit! Could be fun:) Talk to you soon...

 
At February 28, 2006 1:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ugh..second sleeve syndrome :( I'm so close to being done with the snowflake sweater...i'm just dreading the last sleeve!

those booties/baby socks are sooo cute!

 
At February 28, 2006 6:03 PM, Blogger Mary, Mary... said...

Seeing those adorable booties remind me that I have about 6 baby WIPs I need to get crackin' on. Sleeves can be a trial, so predictable. I love the open field shot--spring is coming!

 
At March 03, 2006 5:30 AM, Blogger tatjana said...

i am so in love with your booties. so cute! and thanks for the pics, i feel very relaxed now :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home