Thursday, January 12, 2006

This is a Boring Post

I finally started knitting again last night. I took a few days' break just to make sure my wrists and elbows were OK. I don't usually have pain from knitting, but I think knitting on those DPN's screws me up somehow. I seem to get all tense and grip the needles too tight. I need to force myself to relax when knitting on them.

I worked on the final sleeve of the Twist cardigan. I probably would have got most of it done, except that our neighbors called to see if we wanted to come over for a beer. Which we did and had a good time with lots of laughs. Our neighbors are pretty much the only people in town who are our age and who we have things in common with. Most of the other people our age are either alcoholics or have about three kids already. Or they've left town altogether for greener pastures. So we are lucky to have these neighbors. We made plans to go out for a drink this Friday and then go see G. play music with his group.

Anyway, I didn't take pictures of my sleeve progress, since it would have just looked like a blob of purple.

I did, however, take some pictures of Quincy playing in his "Kitty Cannoli" (Quincy is the filling!):
















The best is when you drop the feather into the hole on top of the tube, and his little head comes popping out, snarling and shark-like (right picture). So cute!

It is, unbelievably, about 40 degrees out there today. It feels so balmy and nice. Nothing like what January here normally feels like (10 degrees with -20 deg. windchills). Of course, now that I've written this we will get into a horrible cold snap!

1 Comments:

At January 12, 2006 1:23 PM, Blogger Kelly said...

Hey Chris,
Thanks for the heads-up about my blog comments. Quincy is so cute, I want to eat him! I'm sorry your wrists have been bothering you so much! Damn DPNs!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home