Monday, January 09, 2006

Snow!

It snowed today! We only got four or five inches, but as you can see from the photo, it is really starting to pile up. At one point it was snowing so heavily I felt like I was in a snow globe.

I bought cross-country skis on Saturday, which I have been wanting for the last two years. G and I went skiing that same day and had a great time. I fell three times, and I discovered how hard it is to get up on those things. I think it is the long poles, it's not easy to pull yourself up with them like with downhill poles. I am so out of shape that I spent yesterday stiff as a board. My hips especially, from trying to get up after falling. I think I really need to get in the habit of exercising more!

I didn't get much knitting done this weekend. I almost got up to the fingertip shaping on my second Labrador Diamonds mitten and realized I had made an error in the design about 14 rows earlier. I ripped back and got a few rows in, but my wrist started hurting so I decided to take a break. You can see all the yarn I ripped out in this picture...boo hoo!

I also had to rip out half a sleeve of Twist on Friday night because my gauge was all off (again). I think the problem is switching between knitting on DPN's and knitting flat. I think I tend to knit tighter on DPN's, and when I switch to flat knitting I carry over that tension. Maybe I should stick to one project at a time...

I have seen some interesting discussions about and photos of other knitters' yarn stashes. Last night, I cleaned up mine and put it in boxes and took a photo of it. This is what I came out with:
Yup, two lowly boxes. Each box is about a 1 foot or 1.5 foot cube. I call it "The Econo-Stash"...for knitters too poor and/or without the space for a normal stash!

Labels:

1 Comments:

At January 09, 2006 5:43 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Thanks for the nice post and cute picture! I'm missing you guys already. You are a great storyteller too though! Hee hee- I like the idea of a tribal story keeper :)

Things are well here... I wrote way too much in my blog tonight but there was a lot going on in the last couple of days. We don't have any snow but it is very cold here (for me, especially at night)!

The skiing sounds like fun - we have to wait a couple weeks due to other commitments but then we will go downhill skiing. Hope I still remember how!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home